Who is the 612's target audience??? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Who is the 612's target audience???

Discussion in '612/599' started by bkaird1, Dec 21, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Are you implying that those of us who are the cars' first owners are not enthusiasts?

2. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not at all. I was just making the point that when cars depreciate they give the opportunity to a wider number of enthusiasts to own such cars.

You've obviously worked hard and can afford such a car and for that you have my respect. I hope to be in a similar position once i finish my studies and get on with work.

Added: Thinking about it, the feeling of speccing and waiting in anxiety for a car of your dreams is a feeling i can only imagine at this moment.
    I also particularly like your 360 Willis, black's the best colour IMO

3. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    Ok, rico. Just making sure.

4. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    :)

One of my ambitions is to say to a mate "lets go and drool at some ferraris in Modena, maybe blag entry to the factory tour", then go to Modena, go on a factory tour then at the end be asked to come to one side to see my car being prepped ready for me to drive it home to the UK. I would just love to see my mate's face!!! :D

Give me another 8 or so years and that may be a reality.

5. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    rico, That would be so much fun! :)

6. rico

rico Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Bournemouth
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    The best bit is he is a car nut like me also and we've been best mates and also friendly rivals all through school. Oh i can't wait! :D

Can you imagine running an engine in over the alps??? oh im shaking with anticipation and its years and years away!

7. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Aha- a demographic match. The 456 was my first Ferrari, for mainly the same reasons; I wanted something I could enjoy with my family and my friends, and still do. Sure there are alternatives, but none that has the combination of factors you get in a 4 seater Ferrari. Of these, the Vanquish comes closest, though the rear seats are genuinely ridiculous. The Bentley coupe is well priced, but it doesn't make my heart beat faster so it doesn't matter how much it is. The XKR looks great but doesn't handle as well, and MBs do nothing for me at all.

Having said that, I suspect I'm more representative of the secondary market now. Having experienced the depreciation hit that three years ownership brings, I think I'll hang onto mine until 612 prices have declined a bit.

Most people I know who are buying new are wealthy, and with several other exotics at their disposal. And yes they tend to be older and give a crap about depreciation. They'd rather go somewhere in the Ferrari than the MB, and that's all that matters.