Ferrari NA Pic | FerrariChat

Ferrari NA Pic

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Red360Stradale, Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Since it was so nice out today I drove to Ferrari NA in Englewood Cliffs, NJ which is about 20 mins away from my house. Here are some pics I took. There are four in total.

2. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
  3. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
  4. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
  5. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    Why not one more.

6. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#6 maranelloman, Dec 28, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  7. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    It's New Jersey, what more can I say.

8. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    The dealer was not open..
    Thanks for the pics!

9. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    So, what was in the dumpster? Any corporate secrets? :)

10. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    time for a dumpster dive

11. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So thats were the NA office is, every Ferrari / Maserati cars, (racing & street) parts, etc.. is handled at this complex? No offense but I thought it would be much bigger, seems kind of small. The dealer in Houston has a complex about that size if not larger.

I'm also suprised you did catch DES stalking the place.:)

Thanks for posting the pics.

12. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess

I thought DES was the weekend security officer there ;)

13. Red360Stradale

Red360Stradale Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Bergen County, NJ
    Full Name:
    Kris G
    I've got to get back there when they're open so I can snoop around and get some pics of the inside(there is a large garage door on the side of the building). Last time I was there over the summer I saw a blue 360 CS and a red Enzo in the window!

14. ferrarioldman

ferrarioldman Formula 3
    Professional Ferrari Technician

Jun 19, 2002
    Summerfield, NC
    Full Name:
    Tom Jones
    I went to Alfa school there back in the early '70s when it was Alfa Romeo's headquarters. They got smart and moved to Florida. The place hasn't changed much. The last Ferrari school that I went to there was 9/11. Horrible thing. Had a time getting back home.

15. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I went over there one time in college when they were open, and I was promptly asked to leave immediately and never come back. I wasn't causing any trouble... just looking at the cars in the window. I explained to the guy that I just loved the cars and stopped by to take a look at them, but he seemed very aggrivated I was there.

Just a word of caution that you may not be welcomed there.

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Looks like they've been vandalized.

17. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

I'd punch the guy square in the mouth if he ever treated me that way. I have no time for people who work at a high end place for 10 bucks an hour and think they have the right to look down on people. Fuc them. I never understood that. Treat others they way you would treat yourself.

18. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    Honestly, at the time, I thought it was a dealership, so I figured you could go in and see the cars. I even shed my normal college-wear for a shirt/tie/sportcoat so I wouldn't look like some kid off the street. The conversation pretty much went like this:

FNA Guy: Can I help you?
    Me: I'm just taking a look at the cars - are you open?
    FNA Guy: Why are you dressed up?
    Me: I wanted to show the proper respect.
    FNA Guy: So you came out here just to look at the cars?
    Me: Yes. I love Ferraris.
    FNA Guy: Where are you parked?
    Me: Around the back.
    FNA Guy: Okay, you're going to have to get your car and leave. This is private property; don't ever come back here again.
    Me: I apologize. Thanks anyway.

:(

It really tainted my image of Ferrari as a company for a while. I was even hesitant posting on f-chat at first because I was afraid I'd get treated like that by owners too.

Anyway, sorry to hijack your thread. If you go there and someone is nice to you, please let me know. I'd love to think it was just one *******.

19. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    It's not a small place at all. There's another huge storey underneath it where the cars are prepped and worked on. If you drive down the side of the building, you can look in through the windows and see some great stuff. I saw F40's and F50's when I was there. I am sure there's usually an Enzo or two there.

Also surprised at the lack of welcome shown to you. When I went there (in jeans, drove up in a jeep wrangler), I was welcomed and taken on a tour through the whole place, including the service facility.

I don't believe that cars destined for the West Coast pass through there. I think they come in directly to some facility on the west coast.

20. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH

LOL, that rules!

21. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    Hey F-

All FNA cars come direct into NJ. When we were a dealer, all cars were PDI'ed by FNA and then transported to us direct from NJ. We did have 2 times where F-SpA flew a car to us. Delivered to us via a flatbed, but this is not the norm at all.

As well, you are right, that building is very large inside, and goes down for a bit. I was there in 2002, and had just come from a FNA parts meeting in NY, and got the full tour. Very nice place inside, and it seems to never end.

22. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    You don't know how happy it makes me that it was closed and there's almost no cars in the parking lot. ;)

If you plan to go by next week and would like to have some fun with them, let me know... ;) ... I have some questions I'd love to have various people asking them! :D

23. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    You know, Brian, a friend of mine said he saw a great looking Titanium CS leave there right before the holidays in a big cloud of rubber dust...couldn't be they are "road-testing" it for you? Wow, what extra service! Self-less, duty-bound, and free break-in for ya!

JK, still sux about your car...
    Lee

24. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Looks to me like the FN/A dude would have at least let you look. My goodness, we are talking about cars not priceless paintings. This is one of the BIG problems that Ferrari is over due for addressing. If you don't "look" like a million bucks, they assume you don't have enough bucks to buy a valve stem cap and you are waisting their time.
    If you buy a Ferrari one day, don't be suprised if the reaction you get from most folks is negative, because of 'how much they cost' and the dumbest question I have ever been asked is " how do you like your Mustang?"