CASUAL, informal Sunday Drive - December 28 | FerrariChat

CASUAL, informal Sunday Drive - December 28

Discussion in 'New England' started by BigHead, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    We started December with two huge snow storms. Before the next one hits, we need to go for one last drive in 2003.

Tomorrow, Sunday, December 28 - weather is supposed to be sunny and warm, 48 degrees for the high. So let's meet for a CASUAL, no-muss, no-fuss drive tomorrow morning, meeting at 10 a.m. We'll drive for a bit, then stop for a bite of lunch. If you've got other obligations, feel free to peel off any time.

We could have 3 cars, we could have 30. Who knows? Sorry for the late notice - I just decided this afternoon that I really needed to get one last drive done before digging out the skis.

This is NOT a Ferrari event - feel free to drive whatever you want. Just a bunch of guys (and gals) getting together for a nice Sunday drive, and the usual motorhead-related chit-chat.

For the morning drive, we'll meet at 10:00 a.m., right off of I-495, between Rt. 2 and the Mass Pike., in the big parking lot at the Salt Box Country Store, 626 Main Street (Route 117 West), Bolton, Massachusetts. We'll be using Motorola (FRS) radios on the drive, so bring one if you have one (channel 3, code 8), and don't forget to fill your gas tank! From I-495, take Route 117 West for less than a half-mile; the Salt Box is on the left.

vty,

--Dennis

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Had a nice drive and meet today guys. The operative word being drive. Got the lead out of the system in both highway and back road follow the leader. Great bunch that shared the passion of driving exotics. All in all 2 new maserati coupes, 355, 575, 996, 993 turbo, and my shark. The maseratis are very nice inside and out and were able to put on a good show one in the hands of a capable lady. Lot of fun thanks to organizer Dennis. Couldn't ask for a better december day. Everyone of these drives puts a real smile on my face enjoying my car doing what it does best. Like to see more of you guys next time.
    T

3. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Sorry I couldn't be there - in the tail end of the family invasion :)

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Glad to see you guys had fun. It was definately a beautiful day out, especially for late December. Any pictures to share?

5. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    Alas, "stuck" in sunny Florida and could not make it.

Temp this afternoon will be 77F, sunny, no snow in sight. Alas, the roads here bore me to DEATH!!!!!!!! Too flat, too straight... Would rather be home where the roads curve and elevate more than a sexy 20-ish woman :)

Enjoy the Drive,

Steven R. Rochlin

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Yeah dan a 360 would have rounded out the bunch, come to think of it a nice newly exhausted tr would have been nice and also a magnum wagon. TCM i am still in the old analog days when it comes to visual tools, but i did grab a little video and would have it up on the net except for .....read bottom of post. The video i took was kind of nice but occurred to me after the best shot - getting passed at 30 on the hiway by a girl in a maserati, the only reason for that being my previously mentioned out of balance wheels. Then i captured a short little snippet of all these exotics trying to uturn in tight quarters after our fearless leader led us into a one way, narrow, dead end. Someone said they expected jed clampett to come out and help! The temp here had to be near 50, as i type this morning it is above 40 already with all salt washed away. Nice.
    T

Anyone got a windows cd. I have 3 linux boxes which work well but my windows boxes have all crashed over time, software or hardware related and i refuse to pay the evil empire for what i have bought in the past beginning with 3.1 . All my periphreals (?) snappy, iomega buz etc only work with windows so nothing i can do now.

7. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hit the high 50s yesterday - what a day! unfortunately i couldn't get out of the house until about 14:00.

supposed to be just as nice today - maybe cracking 60 in some spots.

took the 550 to work today. make hay while the sun shines!

doody!

8. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Man, I was thinking yesterday (as Spider348, Verell and I were climbing under my 308 working on the suspension) that I started the rear suspension rebuild project too early! I will finish it just in time for REAL winter (i.e. January!) D'oh!

Glad you guys had fun. Catch you next time.

Birdman

9. Prova85

Prova85 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    So. Shore MA.
    Full Name:
    Kenny K
    Call me a bbs rookie.... sorry I missed the drive. But when I didn't see any replies to the original post I didn't think anything was happening. Anyways looks like a coupla F-car days coming up weather wise. Taking mine to work tomorrow and off at noon for some afternoon delight.

Anyone around on New Years day ?

Kenny K.

10. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Kenny,
    Have you noticed that nobody has yet posted any pictures of this alleged drive? I'm suspicious that this whole drive was a hoax!! ;-)

In the nature photography business, we have a saying....if you don't get it on film, then it didn't actually happen!

Birdman

11. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Hey Birdman, come to think of it i've never seen your car move. When you put your wheels back on, start up your alleged engine and we'll all go for a drive. Then you can watch the video i took.
    T

12. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Weren't you at our get together at Joe's American Bar and Grill? My 308 was there. Oh wait, you mean I had to DRIVE it? I had it towed over before anyone got there....heh heh heh