MiniDV Cameras | FerrariChat

MiniDV Cameras

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Chenrezi, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    Hi everybody!
    I'm gonna buy my first digital camcorder now, and I've been checking out a couple of websites for reviews and info.
    There's one thing that I've realized, If I buy the camcorder from the US and have it mailed over I'll save alot of money, but I can't figure out if I'll have any problems regarding connectivity to the VCR or TV due to the different video systems (NTSC in the States PAL in Europe) and due to the different electrical voltages (110V in the US and 220 in Europe).
    Can anybody help me on this? Plus, does any of you have any tips about MiniDV cameras? I was thinking of going with the Sony TVR33 or TVR38 due to Sony's brand and the right dollar (or Euro) per quality relationship... What do you think?
    Any advice?

Thank you all in advance.
    Sincerely,
    Miguel

2. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    unless you are saving a bunch of money - and these camera no longer even cost a bunch of money - I would buy it locally, between the diff electrical and warranty issues - its not worth it

3. Chenrezi

Chenrezi Karting

Feb 10, 2003
    Europe
    Full Name:
    Miguel
    thks tiffosi...
    I'm saving around 250 bucks... Which, given the total cost of the machine is alot!! :)
    But I am considering doing just that due to the post buy assistance and warranty...

4. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    Just buy a PAL model insted of an NTSC model.

5. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
  6. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    I just purchased a Canon ZR65 last month, and I've been very happy with it. It's not top-of-the-line, but it's pretty damn good.

Sony's a little overpriced, IMO.