any vBulletin experts? "do=getnew" options? | FerrariChat

any vBulletin experts? "do=getnew" options?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Doody, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    as some of you know, a few (many?) of us would like to be able to say not just "show me the new posts since my last visit" (the little icon up to the top right there, as illustrated below), but to constrain those results by our subscribed forums. you know i love you guys in Spain like my own brothers, but i've got enough crap to keep up on - i don't need to read about events and stuff there generally.

the two search screens (standard and advanced) both allow you to constrain your searches by "Subscribed Forums" which is STELLAR! but you actually have to search for SOMETHING. and it has to be two characters or more and trailing spaces are deleted. so "period space" isn't an option, for example, which 99.9% of posts will have.

but the ".../search.php?do=getnew" function/parameter that that little button uses does not seem to permit other parameters to search.php. i just spent some time trying to muck with the search.php parameters and can't make it work.

as far as i can tell, once it finds a "do" in the parameter list it simply ignores the other parameters, regardless of where you put that "do" parameter in the list of parameters (it parses smart). this is what i was trying to get working:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew&searchuser=&exactname=0&starteronly=0&
    forumchoice[]=subscribed&childforums=1&titleonly=0&showposts=0&
    searchdate=lastvisit&beforeafter=after&sortby=forum&
    sortorder=ascending&replyless=0&replylimit=0&searchthread=0&
    searchthreadid=0&saveprefs=1&

it generates identical results as "http://ferrarichat.com/forum/search.php?do=getnew" - which is the URL the little button generates.

i can't find documentation on vBulletin's search.php stuff (in fact, i couldn't find a vBulletin site - i might be a bonehead).

anybody out there clueful on this stuff?

tia,
    doody.

2. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
  3. timgos

timgos Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 8, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This mod should do it. It's old code but it should work with vBulletin 3.0.0 Beta 7 (which is the version F-Chat is running). If it doesn't work at least it gives you the general idea of how to go about it and could probably be made to work with some small modifications. Obviously this can't be done by us users and some tinkering with the scripts would be in order. It shouldn't take anymore then 5 minutes to get up and running, mostly a cut and paste job.

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=32267&highlight=search+subscribed