My car is now finished!! What do you Ferrari and Lambo people think? | FerrariChat

My car is now finished!! What do you Ferrari and Lambo people think?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by I8yurFerrari, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    #1 I8yurFerrari, Nov 5, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    #2 I8yurFerrari, Nov 5, 2003
  3. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    #3 I8yurFerrari, Nov 5, 2003
  4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thats cute. I always wanted to seriously ask a supra owner this:

How much of drivetrain is different between a SC300 and a supra? If I bought a SC300, would I be able to, just like a supra, modify it cheapy to gain large amounts of HP?

I always liked the SC300/400 body more then the supras, thought the SCs really really need spacers to do them justice.

I used to be in the Japanese thing when I had my NSX NA2 and then my Prelude too...after a while they got old for me though.

5. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Cute? More like monster. I put down 680 RWHP, running in the low 11's to high 10's. I could smoke y'alls Ferrari's!! Except the Enzo of course!! Ill just hang with it! Anyway, You should be able to single turbo your SC and get around 400-450 RWHP. A good amount and fairly quick for that large of a sedan. I have ridden in a single turbo one and you would be capable of beating GT Mustangs and such. Nothing special.

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I didn't mean cute in a deagartory sense, more of a respectful of performance one, anyway, you might cause some of the other members to start dropping the 1000+ hp TR images :)

7. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haha, I was saying mine in a sarcastical sense too! Thanks for the complements.

8. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Dude, 680rwhp in a Supra is pathetic! My street Supra (no NOS) was running 800rwhp before I sold it, and it had lots more potential. Anyway, I had both the Supra and the 360M at the same time for two years. The Supra was MUCH FASTER, but I still kept the 360. NO COMPARISON.

Ernesto

PS. The SC300 runs the same gear as the Supra. Just drop in a Supra drivetrain and you are good to go. Plug and Play.

9. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    But, at the end of the day, your still driving Toyota, not a Ferrari :)

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Supras are cool, but if you cant run race gas all the time, you cant run the boost and they dont make the power. I agree 680rwhp in a Supra is not a big accomplishment.

11. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    680 RWHP is a big accomplishment on a T-67. I will be converting to what my older brother has on his supra (SP-74) and hopefully be pushing the amount of horsepower he is (approx. 900 RWHP on STOCK BOTTEM END) Now to me, that is a big accomplishment. You know, I did think that Ferrari people might not be stuck up like most people would think, but the way you all are acting towards me, you're changing my mind quick.

12. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    As Austin Powers would put it "Whoop de doo, Basil!"

Now, if you had come across in the first place with a far less crass, pompous and patronizing manner, then perhaps some might respect you for what you've accomplished.

Instead, I would expect nothing more than negative reaction, or, more likely: complete indifference. Who gives a flying rat's ass? If people were into the go-faster penis measuring contest, I'm sure that they could throw much more money and work at the solution than you have, and come up with a better car for the purpose.

In the end, there's always someone faster. The real question isn't who can run a meaningless 1/4 mile race (and let's admit, it means absolutely ****), but who's having more fun. Guarantee you that in a car completely incapable of running a ten second quarter-mile, I'm having FAR more fun than you are, and most likely, w/o trying to kill myself proving it to someone on the freeway.

So, unless you came here in a humble and equally respectfull manner, I'd say piss off, ****.

--Dan

13. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    You come here insulting us, and then have the gall to call us stuck-up? How silly of me to realize that when someone says 'hey, your ****'s slow as f*ck and I'm gonna kick your a$$,' what you really meant to say is 'Hey guys, like your cars, but check out what I've done. I'm really proud of the work it took to get here and wanted to share it with other automotive enthusiasts.'

Clearly I am blind.

--Dan

14. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    But can you turn?

BTW: Are you one of the Houston 3?

15. I8yurFerrari

I8yurFerrari Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Okay, well obviously something was misunderstood, I wasn't trying to brag or anything or that sort. If you read above, I did say I was saying all that in a sarcastical sense, meaning I love Ferraris and would definetly trade my car imediately for one. Now, why you are getting so defensive I have no idea. Yes, the car IS CAPABLE of high 10's, but I could probably only run low 11's. I do have fun in my car, I don't know what you're talking about. Also, I don't try to prove anything on the highway, obviously you are making assumptions before you even know anything. I didn't come on to start trouble, or anything or that sort; I just came to share my car and get opinion (NOT flamed). Now I know my car isn't a $180,000 car, but I did pay a good amount for my car because of low mileage, and spent around 24k on my engine modifications. Please, I didn't come on here to start anything, and obvioiusly something got taken the wrong way. Lets start over shall we? Hi, Im Matthew Haynes from Madison, Mississippi and I drive a 1997 Silver Toyota Supra with a single turbo conversion with many+ mods. Please tell me what you all think!

16. cohiba_man

cohiba_man Formula Junior

Jan 23, 2003
    Canada
    Full Name:
    John
    I was driving a 10 second Eagle Talon (not mine) for a while, and yes it was fast on race gas, but thats IT. I'd take a miata over it for all around fun driving, the brakes were typical cheap ****, it didn't handle, it was unreliable and it was ugly. Besides with a turbo car you can't really claim 680 rwhp unless you keep the tank filled with NOTHING but race gas and keep the boost up at ridiculous levels.

17. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Mr. I8yurFerrari,

If you posting to join in on the fun here at F Chat great welcome aboard. If you're here just to annoy us because your Japanese car which cost thousands less than our cars, and has had absolutely no success in any form of road racing except Japanese Touring cars, and took thousands more on your part to make it fast.......Can kick our a***s in the 1/4......what's your point.

I can do the same on your board!!!!!!!! I know guys that have paid $500 at salvage yards for Honda CRX's that are doing mid 10's having spent the same amount you do for a good tripple plate clutch on their entire car.

Ever heard of Ed Bergenholtz? If you're serious about 1/4 mile street cars you know he's done 9 seconds flat in a CRX that cost 1/5th of what your Supra did.

Lastly, how does that thing handle at the track and how proficient are you at the track with close to 700 hp.

I see dozens of these cars show up at track days (RX7's, Supras, ......) I have never ever been passed by one of them. They either didn't run right, driver didn't run right, or they handled like a big rig.

If you are just showing off your fine Japanese import automobile for us to admire then great....looks like an awesome beast. If you're here to belitttle us........

Just remember a CRX guy might show up on your beloved Supra board with a "Iw8stdurSupra" handle.

I have nothing against fast Japanese imports, in fact I just bought a Japanese import race car.

Maybe you should change your screen name to get off on the right foot.

By the way it does look like a an awesome beast!

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    1995 F355 Challenge #23
    1988 BMW M5 Club Racer #44
    1998 Spec Racer Ford #2
    1997 Acura Integra Grand Am Cup Car #44

www.flatoutracing.net

18. 97SupraAPU

97SupraAPU Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Okay, name is changed, no more hating. So lets start out better shall we?

19. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Welcome aboard . Can we get some details on that beast? I used to have a 300ZX TT with a load of Stillen and HKS stuff back in the mid-90's.

Was tuned more for top speed than 1/4 mile but still ran a respectable 12.6 in the 1/4 and topped out north of 175 mph.....

...until I wrapped it around a telephone poll!

Regards,

Jon

20. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Hello Matthew, I'm Dan. Apologies for the misunderstanding.

I was stepping up for the rest of us because I honestly thought your post came across as a 'nah nah nah, I can go faster than you, you suck' kind of thing.

I realize I was completely wrong in that assumption, and for that I apologize. Thanks for sharing your car with us - but where are the pictures??

--Dan

21. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Nice car, and looks lowered a fair bit too. How low and how much boost are you running?

What made you get into Supras?

Sunny

22. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Stock '94+ Supra's pull ~.96 G on the skidpad. Add an X brace, some coil overs and some road race tires and it is an amazing handling car, capable of 1+G easy. (I don't know how they handle on a road course though, skidpad and road course are not the same thing, heh)

Sweet Supra :) I like it.
    My friend has a black '98 TT converted to a big single (SP74) that dyno'd 854 rwhp at 5k rpms (redline is 8.5k). The dyno session couldn't continue because the head was lifting from the block right around there and coolant was squirting out, lol. It needs some bigger head bolts (the engine has 115,000 miles on it btw) Anyways it's quite a car. Has a 2 step rev limiter and uses a quick shot of nitrous to help spool the turbo. Launches at 22 psi and builds full boost in .4 seconds. It can turn too. But, it's relatively easy to make Supra's fast, he has about $35k invested. I'd rather have a Ferrari though :)

23. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    nice car man :)

auraraptor--i have a 95 sc300, single turbo, no spacers, just some 11 inch rear blitz 03 wheels :)

pearl white, understated, yet fast and luxurious :)

24. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    >>You know, I did think that Ferrari people might not be stuck up like most people would think, but the way you all are acting towards me, you're changing my mind quick.<<

What part did you not understand? The "BUH?" or the "BYE?"

DL

25. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    Darth that is a beautiful 550!