F40 adj. suspension inop | FerrariChat

F40 adj. suspension inop

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by zsnnf, Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Can anyone help with a non working adj. suspension? The dash light stays on and doesn't flash. The car does not raise up when started. When I hook up the tester I get an F11 1 on the screen. I do not have a shop manual that covers this suspension system, I believe it is in the Euro version. Any help with the code would be greatly appreciated.

Rick

2. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    There is only one version of this ride height adjusting suspension.

I've never seen a US car with the system installed. I have investigated it and it looks pretty straightforward. Sorry, I don't have the troubleshooting documentation.

BTW, it's not the hot set-up for racing, it's a compromise street system to accommodate rough city streets at slow speeds and enhance highway driving without high ride heights.

Best regards,

Rob Schermerhorn

3. Dr_ferrari

Dr_ferrari Formula 3
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Nov 2, 2003
    Pocono Sportscar
    Full Name:
    Jim McGee
    Best call would be to Classic coach in Nj. Frank there knows the system well and has all the diagnostic information.
    I know the system, but unfortunatly I do not have the suspension codes.

908-352-3939 - ask for jim or frank.

Best regards, Jim

4. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Rob,
    The system works great for making the car a frequently driven street car. All the other F40 I drove or rode in the guy's would have to make all kinds of defensive driving moves for any kind of dip in the road. Going into drivway was almost comical. This system avoids most of that type of behavior. I also have the stock Koni coilovers in a box should I need to use them. Can you contact me at [email protected] I would like to ask you some questions regarding performance modifications and that drop gear we talked about.

Jim,
    Thanks for the #. They are going to try and get back to me.

Anyone else have a euro shop manual?

Thanks,
    Rick