WSM for 86TR | FerrariChat

WSM for 86TR

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by gabriel, Dec 27, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Greetings again:

I'm looking for that part of a WSM that deals with engine removal.
    Aternatively, I would also consider purchasing the complete manual.

Does anyone here know the best place(s) for this?

Thanks! -g

2. ricrain

ricrain Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Dallas Area
    Full Name:
    Ric
    While the WSM is useful, it doesn't cover the engine removal procedure.

3. Octane116

Octane116 Rookie

Nov 3, 2003
    Near Milwaukee, WI.
    Full Name:
    Cliff M.
    Actually the Ferrari WSM that I have onTR's, DOES detail the removal of the engine/drivetrain/suspension cradle. It was actually really helpful and was easy to follow as well. We used a four post car lift versus a two post, as suggested in the WSM. We had to support the car on dollies just forward of the cradle mount points, while the car was hanging off the end of the lift, and so we could role the car on lift without rear wheels, etc. We built an engine stand on wheels that was at the cradle height when the lift height was on the second set of locks. It worked outstanding! For safety, we rolled that car into position with engine in,while the lift was on the ground, then we strapped the front end to the lift ramps, until the unit was out. Once the unit is out, the front end is heavier than the rear, so the car can be rolled forward once raised above the engine. Piece of cake!