Wheel spacers on a 360 | FerrariChat

Wheel spacers on a 360

Discussion in '360/430' started by johnbob, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    I am considering putting a set of front and rear wheel spacers on my 01 360 spider and was looking for advice as to the maximum thickness of the spacers. I have heard of people using 20mm on front and 30mm on rear. I do not want to have tire interferance or drivability problems. I am running the original optional modular wheels with stock rubber.
    Thanks,
    John

2. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    You said what you don't want... but what do you want? Why are you putting spacers on your 360?

3. johnbob

johnbob Karting

Nov 8, 2003
    Oklahoma
    Mostly for the looks. The stock wheels and tires are more recessed in the wheel well then I prefer. Looking at cars in the mags with aftermarket wheels the wheel well is more in proportion. I was trying to accomplish the same look using the stock wheels (which I like) with spacers.

4. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I bet hes putting spacers on his 360 becourse its his car and he WANTS TO!!.....oh and becourse he can.

5. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I don't know the mm you should use, but keep in mind that the aftermarket wheels you like probably have a deeper lip which protrudes out giving a deep wheel. Spacers will just move the offset out, but offer no lip. I like the deeper dished wheels myself.....my only complaint about the modular wheels on the 360 and 575.

www.garedcars.com has some modulars that could be custom made with a lip????

6. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Did you know that Ferrari put the wheels where they are for good reasons?

The point where the kinpin intercepts the pavement is right in the center of the contact patch--this give a light feel at the steering wheel at higher speeds, and prevents feel robbing loads from getting to the steering rack. Moving the contact patch outward will decrease the sensitivity of the steering. Is this worth the 'looks'?

The shocks are angled towards the center of the contact patch. This shortens and stiffens the transmittance of forces from the contact patch into the chassis and gives control at the ultra velocities these cars can obtain. Moving the contact patch outwards takes a bit of control out of the shock part of the suspension system.

7. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    johnbob:

A general rule of thumb is to stay away from spacers if they are not required (big brake kit, etc). They usually lead to more problems then they are worth.