North v. South Kart event? | FerrariChat

North v. South Kart event?

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by ART360, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ART360

ART360 Guest

Anyone up for a North vs. South challenge in an indoor kart track?

Art

2. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Im up for it! I have a feeling you will smoke us down here though :)

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Bah!

West coast all the way baby! :)

4. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Bring it. :D

How about a friendly wager? Losers go to the very bottom of the regional category for a month?

5. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I like that idea. Sunny, if your there, we cant loose.

6. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Art,
    That sounds like a great idea. Where would it be? Count me in.

Rick

7. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Nice!

:)

Can Rick use his F40? lol

8. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hmmm, makes me want to do a North vs South track day. Now that would be a blast.... what track is in the middle of us? Buttonwillow?

Sorry to hijack the thread. That might up the ante and the enjoyment a lil more if we have some similiar models battling for best time of the day, etc.

Sunny

9. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Button Willow would be cool, Laguna Seca would be awesome!

Rick

10. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    I've never been to LS nor Buttonwillow, but I'd save up for the opportunity for a big North vs South event :)

Sunny

11. Hubert

Hubert F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2002
    The Left Coast
    Buttonwillow is my "home track," per se. I've run every permutation of layout, but my fav is CCW #13 w/ the bus stop. I've also run Laguna before, and will be there again this friday; either way nor. cal boys, bring it. To be fair though (hauling wise) Ithink we should meet 1/2 way at Bttonwillow.

At, you wanna meet up at laguna this friday?? Bing your helmet if you do come down.

Come to think of it, my friends and I are organizing an event @ Buttonwillow on the 16th of April. I'll be there.
    Here's the info: http://honda.hybrids.jp/events/NextTrackDay.shtml

- hubert

12. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Thats plenty of time out to make plans with. How many do you usually have in participation? Depending on the response... we might need our own day?

I'm up for the karting. I've been waiting for a North vs. South event for a while. I think Byron and JL had some ideas...

Sunny

13. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    We have Karson, Hubbell and Kofod, no way we're loosing!

14. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Costa, Lucio, Hubert, FatBillyBob, Gene, Rick, Brian, Byron.. just to name a few!

Thats the spirit, Kenny! Don't let Costa and Lucio scare you, they only won the Challenge series a few times. There's plenty of pride in taking 2nd place :D

Sunny

15. costa

costa Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Costantino Bertuzzi
    Sunny,

Just to let you know in 1980 i got a second place in the go gart world championship in Fano Italy with the 100cc kart. Thomas Glauser won but behind me there was Ivan Capelli and Stefano Modena. The Go Kart brand was BM "B" as Bertuzzi and "M" as Mario. Bertuzzi Mario was my grandfather and the factory was founded by my dad.
    Patrese,Prost,Senna,Cheever,Gabbiani. were racing with my dad's frame and engines.

Happy new year challenger!!!!

16. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

game on!! I'm sitting here in the airport lounge in Osaka, Japan right now... Lo and Behold, what do I see...a challenge? :) :)

Art, pick your battleground - Speedring? LeMansKarting?... Us So Cal folks prefer Dromo1!! :)

As sunny mentioned, next year will be great for North & South events... I think the karting idea is great - we are still planning to do a weekender...something like Hearst Castle...dunno how well it faired in the last 'quake though.

Costa - that is really interesting...I had no idea that Senna was karting with your grandfather's frames!!

ahh... almost time to board ... happy new year, everyone!

17. ART360

ART360 Guest

I'm going to re-post this in the Off-Topic so that the guys from Northern California can read it. I would think that Willow might be a good place for a kart event, or does anyone know of an indoor track from Monterey to San Luis? That would be a good mid point.

As for Buttonwillow: I've got more than a few laps there: we run an endurance race there on the GSXR, lead until we blew it up.

Art

18. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    Agree Willow'd be good. KRC rents shifter karts on site. Buttonwillow has had a kart track for a while now (good track but maybe a bit technical for a Gixxer!).

19. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Hey sounds like a good idea to me! Last year was a blast at our So Cali kart championship. Oh man was that fun. I think we had about twenty guys racing. There were four six lap prelim's, two 10 lap semi's, and a 25 lap final. Yours truley finished 3rd on the podium. Hey Byron that trophy looks good sitting on the mantle, LOL.

20. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

ooooh... Ernie...I'm gonna get that trophy yet! :)

I think we're all talking about 2 different kinds of carts... for the "entry" level racers such as 80% of us, I think the indoor cart option is a better compromise for the north v. south... then, once we graduate from that, we can set up a BW shifter kart endurance race... we can get in touch with the guys at KRC and get them onboard with the fun! :)

game on.

21. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Couldnt resist the thread...

If you are looking for a real challenge, perhaps consider doing an Endurance Karting event hosted by Johan Schwartz.

Endurance Karting has now spread to the west coast with events already scheduled at venues like Las Vegas. I may help put you guys in touch with Johan as he is returning currently with brand new Karts from Denmark.

We have done events here in Florida with Johan and they are always well attended and great fun, 6-8 Hour affairs.

http://www.EnduranceKarting.com

BHW

22. ART360

ART360 Guest

LA March 20th for a 6 hour endurance race? That would give everyone enough time to get whatever practice they need, etc. I might bring a friend or two to help, they have a little kart experience, some open wheel experience, etc. and they own Ferraris. What do you guys say?

Art