Video Camera mount for a F40 | FerrariChat

Video Camera mount for a F40

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by red-riot, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Can anybody recommend a good video camera mount to go into my F40? I'll be tracking the car at Moroso and thought it would be cool to get some video of the track days.

Thanks

Jon

2. Jeru

Jeru Karting

Nov 16, 2003
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    The best camera mount is the Hama.
    here is a link.
    http://www.ioportracing.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=CMHama&Category_Code=CM
    I highly reccomend using a wide angle lens otherwize it looks like you are going 20 mph.

I used it at Moroso in the 360 and it worked great. It uses a strong suction cup. What event are you attending? A Ferrari Club track day?

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Sounds cool - Make sure & post the vids! :)

4. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I also have the same camera mount - it works great. If you have a roll bar though you might want to consider something that mounts on that. Otherwise the Hama is great.

5. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
  7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    The problem with most of those, as I have learned from the one that I bought that is similar, is that mounting the camera at the window level in a 360 just gets you video of your rear view mirror. To get the camera low enough to see under the mirror, I need to mount it upside down... and then I have to find a way to rotate the video 180'. I'm still working on a good method for that.

The Hama one looks ideal for a 360, as it will allow the camera to sit well below the window (it appears), and as far back against the firewall as possible (maximizing the wide angle).

A question for Dan and Jeru: How far does it hang down? I assume by your statements and handles that you've both used it successfully in your 360, suctioned to the back window, taking video unimpaired by the rear view mirror. True?

Second question: How well does it hold stable and vibration free? (Yes, I of course have good image stabilization in my camera... but does the mount add any additional vibration/resonance/movement?)

Maybe the Hama is what I need to get.

8. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Thanks for the replies I'll be attending the Cavallino Classic, I've got the car registered for a private track day and both Ferrari at Speed days. I'll post tons once I get back!

Jon

9. FAMILY MAN

FAMILY MAN Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    ** Try www.i/osportracing.com If you have problems try www.google.com type in I/O SPORT RACING

10. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Check out this Porsche 996 with the camera mounted. It's on the rollbar, I believe. Check it out.

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  12. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA