Perfect day for a 355 drive | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Perfect day for a 355 drive

Discussion in '348/355' started by allanlambo, Dec 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#26 maranelloman, Dec 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

Agree.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    The gemballa kit is awesome on the silver car, I just dont like the wheels, I think the factory turbo wheels are awesome myself, or even the new ones that are optional ( a new take on the turbo twist). I dunno if its more gorgeous than the 355 though, that is one of my all time favorites, and in yellow...my favorite color.

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Allan,

one more thing, i thought you said that the porsches dont turn any heads though, and that that was something you didnt really like about them? personally, I still say get the last of the last of the last aircooled turbo;) Even if they are a dime a dozen, still awesome. Its wierd, everytime i look at a good interior pic, i swear you just wanna jump in a floor it!!! Dont get that as much in the ferrari, that i just wanna look at :)

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Porsche definately does not turn heads like say a Ferrari or Lamborghini, but a modded Turbo will still get lots of attention, especially when they shoot flames out the back like my old 930 did. And to be honest, the 355, doesnt get that much attention.

5. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    Allan The motor did not need to come out for the Stage 4 kit. The reliability has been better than any other car I have had. It drives better than it did stock!!. The stock clutch is still in place and will handle the Stage 4 just fine "I only have 5k on the ODO"...I will be going with the Sachs Stage 2 Clutch once the Stage 4GTR is in place.

6. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Hmm, thats what i was afraid of. Ill have to find someone who can pull the motor here on Maui. I wonder why the motor needs to come out. I may need to stay with only bolt ons.

7. andrew911

andrew911 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 8, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Wow- I can't believe those headers heating up like that in the video!!! Thought they were going to turn to liquid!

Pretty cool car I must say...

8. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    Allan the motor did not need to come out for the Stage 4kit. I am trying to find a link for the install do it yourself. A buddy of mine on 6speedonline did it in 12 hours with a life that is

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Oh, im sorry i misread it! Thats awesome! Now im happy again.

10. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas

now you have...

11. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Allan, Sounds like a nice way to spend the morning....whichever car you choose!

DL

12. IMO not being a fan of body kits the silver porsche posted looks nice but the new 996TT convertible is stunning the way it looks stock although I love all 3 Ferrari,Porsche,Lamborghini I would have the harest time picking which If I could I for sure get all 3 a new murci,F355 Firano TDF blue, and a silver 996TT cab.

13. ferrari_kid

ferrari_kid Formula Junior

Jul 5, 2003
    the autothority 996 is a great car. you'd never think it's as fast as it is. i'd definetly with that type of upgrade if i wanted crazy performance like that.

14. pig4bill

pig4bill Karting

Dec 24, 2003
    Look for the tuner 996TT shootout in the European Car February issue.

Rumor has it that none of the Euro tuners won.

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im not a fan of the Cabrio. Rather have a Coupe.

16. 150shot

150shot Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2003
    San Dimas, CA
    JJ and ALlan- you guys have great awesome cars!

17. jcramair1

jcramair1 Rookie

Dec 12, 2003
    Orlando, FL
    Full Name:
    JJ
    I know none of the Euro tuners won :)....Pure american tuning baby!! I can't wait for that article as I know mostly every porsche owner and tuner that was part of the shootout

18. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Is that the one where Protomotive won? I have experience with them, and from my experience, they suck.