Charlize's big F40 adventure! | FerrariChat

Charlize's big F40 adventure!

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by BigHead, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    A merry Xmas and happy new year to you all!

http://www.photoaccess.com/share/guest.jsp?ID=A80EB1391D2&cb=PA

Here are some pictures of the first Ferrari ride ever for my six-month old daughter, the Principessa Charlize (tm) -- she's never ridden in the 355, due to the airbag - but the F40 does NOT have a passenger side airbag!

It's also the first time that my wife, the Lovely Jamie (tm) got to drive a Le Mans-spec F40. How many women in the world do you think have done that? Girlie-Girl Racing, woo-hoo!

More details to come later, including my thoughts on the F40 LM v. Enzo Ferrari debate, from behind the wheel.... :)

vty,

--Dennis

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Do you really trademark your family names?

3. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Hi

Can we have more info on the F40 LM spec ? I saw the modified wing ..whats the rest ? LM turbos ? LM tubis ? F50 brakes ?

Thanks !!

4. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Let me get this straight... Your wife's (tm) first time driving an F40 (race car) and you put your baby (tm) in the car with her?

Russ (tm)

5. That's™ interesting™. I™ didn't™ know™ the™ F40™ had™ built™ in™ child™ safety™ seats™ . Gotta™ love™ the™ engineers™ at™ Ferrari™ , they™ always™ have™ the™ needs™ of™ the™ customer™ in™ mind™ .

:)™

6. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Hehehe... the "(tm)" schtick is a long-running "in" joke from the Ferrari List. The couple of dozen FList guys we've met have actually come to know my wife as "TLJ" (the Lovely Jamie). And teak360, in case you were being semi-serious, legally, you can trademark anything that is a unique identifier of the source of a product. The TM symbol is typically used with unregistered trademarks to indicate a claim to proprietary rights, and does not necessarily indicate that a trademark application has been filed, just a claim to common law trademark rights, which arise merely from use (as opposed to the circle-R (®) symbol, used only with a trademark registered with the US Patent and Trademark Office). I just to it out of fun/habit, obviously.

More on-topic, this F40 belongs to a friend who used to race it in the Rolex series. Not the full LM package, but it's way modified - over 650 hp, big brakes, race clutch, race suspension, lots of other stuff. It's a beast. Amazingly enough, it's still street-registered (ahem), and he drives it around periodically (when he's not driving his 575M). He's now racing a Jaguar XKR in Trans-Am.

And, for the record, my wife probably has more track time than 95% of the users of this board... she's done laps of Lime Rock at 1:04 in the 355, and Watkins Glen at 2:16. :)

Time for bed. Tomorrow I'll post the promised impressions of this car v. the Enzo.

vty,

--Dennis

7. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Thanks for the link too those pics! Very nice F-car to ride in!

8. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    thats cool BIGHEAD!!! thanks for sharing with us.

9. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    You have a very adorable, cute baby. :)

10. 348 Turbo

348 Turbo Formula 3

Jul 17, 2002
    Wonderful! Dennis, what a fantastic life you live! Happy holidays.
    Jeff

11. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    CUTE pictures! thanks for posting.

12. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    great pics.

Ed

13. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Beauty and the Beast!!! Lovely pics!!!

14. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
  15. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Awesome F40!!
    Thanks for sharing the pics!

16. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

Dennis, I'm glad it was a joke, you had me worried there.
    Teak360 (tm)

17. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Yup! That's the car! What a coincidence.

BTW, for the record, it's not mind (see my response above).... :)

vty,

--Dennis

18. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    ah i see its not yours. you have a 355 tho? what color? i saw a customers red 355 berlinetta outside there once. does the f40 owner also own an enzo?! i know a guy whos shop put one of those clear bras on an enzo from somewhere in this area, i think it was weston. too bad i didnt get to see the car :(. stunning cars, must have been a blast to drive. ...and a lucky child!

19. red-riot

red-riot Karting

Nov 14, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Dennis,

How did you get that babyseat to stay put? I've got OMP seats in my F40 and after seeing your wife and baby in that F40 it may redefine "Honey can you watch the baby"!

Jon

20. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Jon, to get the seat to stay, I just connected the lap harness belt and threaded it through the seat. May or may not be ideal, but they were only going down our road and back.

This particular F40 owner does not own an Enzo, but two friends of mine in the "local" area do have RED Enzos running around. There's another one too, but it's in SoCal for the season, I believe.

Lastly, my 355 is red/tan (corsa).

vty,

--Dennis

21. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dennis, those pictures are adorable...! Congratulations... What did you think of the F40 LM... Give us your impressions... Also, i'm waiting on your F40 LM/Enzo comparison... Thanks for sharing these... :)