Fiorano handling pack, exactly what is it????? | FerrariChat

Fiorano handling pack, exactly what is it?????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by jenzo, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jenzo

jenzo Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    LONDON
    Full Name:
    JENZO
    I was looking through the Ferrari options list and saw that the current models and past like the 355 came with the optional extra of the 'fiorano handling pack'. Exactly what is this? Does it increase the value of the car?

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Stiffer springs, in some cases the car is lower as well.

For 355s yes, as far as I know. Not sure about 360s and 550s.

Interesting note, on 575s some claim it severely alters the handling AND reliablity for the worse.

This is off of memory, others will chime in with more details.

3. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    I think they added these to the last set of 355s, in order to push them out the door when the 360s are coming, they normally add some special features when the old model is about to end, I think these cars command a small premium, its basically a package with suspension mods to improve perfomance. I think there is also some carbon fiber interior pieces as well

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Wasn't Todd G.(TTG) getting one. What ever happened, never saw any pics. There is a place on LI saying they are getting 355 with a 6 speed - rare combo.

5. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    all the F355 Spider Fioranos had it, i believe. not sure i've heard of a non-Fiorano Spider having it, but anything's possible.

search the archives - this has been discussed repeatedly.

apparently it's about $15K to retrofit FHP to a Maranello at an authorized dealer. presumably the *****y part is the ECU, which i assume aftermarket guys can't easily get ahold of, and i'm sure FSpa gouges for.

doody.

6. CodeRed

CodeRed Formula Junior

Nov 8, 2003
    LALA LAND
    FHp is now put on the 575 to make it handle like the 550 did, or it is too soft. Good article about it in EVO magazine several months ago when they tested the 575 against a few other cars. They liked the Maranello once again when it has the FHP, otherwise it was too plush.

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    I agree with Maranelloman here, i.e., how are you going to use the car?If you plan on tracking your car, get the FHP. But if you plan on driving on the street, you don't need it. I rarely use the active mode in my car because, truth be known, you shouldn't be driving that aggressively on the street anyway. Too many things can happen way too quickly on the street and most of them are bad things.

DrTax

8. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
  9. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    Hey guys...I have been swamped. I am still working on the same deal that started months ago...it's a long story. Anyway, here is a list of features included on the serie fiorano 355 spider...of which included the hadling pack:

Racing brake kit
    Cross drilled brake discs
    Red calipers
    Suede steering wheel
    Dedication number plaque
    Rear challenge grill
    Carbon fiber accents
    Carbon fiber F1 paddles
    Scuderia shields
    Fiorano handling package
    Challenge rack
    Front/rear challenge roll bar
    Stiffer rate coil springs
    Shock ECU specific to Fiorano setup

Cheers,

TTG

10. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    The 575 owner's manual ('03) says that the Fiorano handling package consists of stiffer front and rear springs, lowered ground height, "dedicated set up for the steering device, providing less assistance at low speeds" and "racing type brake pads mounted on red calipers."

It's about a $3100 option.

11. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Dont want to steal the thread here, but after having mentioned several times (by owners) that the 575 isnt quite the handler that the 550 is, does anyone like the 550 more? I assume the acceleration is close enough, but personally, I just happen to find the 550 interior more traditional and handsome, the seats nicer, and the front grille far superior, as well as the headlight clusters more attractive...