Tubi/Capristo question | FerrariChat

Tubi/Capristo question

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rscholl, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rscholl

rscholl Formula Junior

Dec 4, 2003
    Houston,TX
    Do these exhaust systems come in different sound levels or just one?

2. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    I believe just one flavor each.

Tubi comes in "roar".

Capristo comes in "shriek".

Gary

3. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    Well, yes and no. The queitest set-up of course is stock. An aftermarket exhaust can be bolted directly to the stock CATs (quiet ) or you can replace the CATs with silenced test pipes (louder) or you can replace the CATs with "straight pipe"-style test pipes (loudest). The aftermarket exhaust itself is not really able to be modified.

I have a 360 with silenced test pipes and a Capristo exhaust which I got from HG Parts (an Fchat sponsor). The sound is extremely nice. Strangers come up at a light and make comments like "I heard you down the road a bit and that thing sounds terrific!". It is a very rich, harmonic filled tone. I highly recommend the Capristo / silenced test pipes set-up.

Hope this helps to answer your question.

Russ

4. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Russ,

Did you car have any check engine lights come on with the "silenced pipes"?

Do you know if there is a power increase with the free flow pipes?

Did you have to adjust your ECU?

What was the cost?

5. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch

I had no CE lights because at the same time as doing the exhaust mods, I swapped out the ECUs with some from HG Parts. The ECUs, among other things, eliminate the CE light problem. Although there might be some continuing debates over the amount of power increase that ECUs, test pipes and an exhaust upgrade can provide, the "seat of the pants" dyno tells me that the claimed 48 hp increase is well within reason. The car has a wonderful feel and the sound is great.

I know from time to time Heiko at HG Parts runs specials, so send him an email. The Capristo costs less than the Tubi, also.

Best of luck,

Russ