'Prototype' F40 in Dallas, and Reggie Jacksons former car | FerrariChat

'Prototype' F40 in Dallas, and Reggie Jacksons former car

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by jimpo1, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    It must be F40 time in Dallas. Some of us F-chatters stumbled on to the former Reggie Jackson car, complete with only 401 miles on it. It showed 397.5 on the trip odo. The car was amazing in the fact that its' new, sad that no one drives it. We were told the new owner has every intention of driving it, in fact, he's putting straight pipes on it to make it louder!

We were also told that the original 'prototype' F40 is at a local Dallas shop, waiting to be auctioned. It apparently has less weight and more horsepower than the production cars. I'm going to try to go see it this week and will take pictures if I do. Does anybody know anything about this car?

2. Meister

Meister F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 27, 2001
    Duluth, MN
    Full Name:
    The Meister
    I wonder what Reggie sold the car for. It went throught the Barret Jackson auction a year ago and didn't sell.... I cant remeber what the bidding got up to but it was pretty respectable for an F-40.

3. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Jim

If this is the car I am thinking about, it belongs or at least belonged to a man in Dallas who has a nice collection of cars that very few know about. Is this the F40 Michelotto with no s/n? If so, it is his car. He also has F40LM, Enzo, 575, 360 Challenge,360 Spider, 288 GTO, 206SP Dino, SWB California Spider and several others. I am surprised he would be getting rid of it.

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Yes I was at the Barrett Jackson auction last year and observed the "driver" start the engine cold, and proceed to rev it to 5,000 rpm in order to make noise, impress the attendees, and draw a crowd. I grimaced when thinking about reving a cold engine like he did!