Tubi for US vs Euro TRs???? | FerrariChat

Tubi for US vs Euro TRs????

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lashss, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    Is there any difference between a Tubi muffler for a US spec TR when compared to a Euro spec car?

Will a Tubi made for a US Spec car bolt straight up to a Euro TR? I haven't been able to find a different part number, so I'm suspecting that they are the same piece and that the differences between the two cars are pre-muffler with the headers.

My car is a Euro, and I haven’t had a good look at a US spec car in a while.

Also, I know that the Tubi’s hp increase is minimal, but what about the weight difference over a stock Euro system??

Those sidepod mufflers can’t be light. (The cats are already gone).

Thanks,
    Lashdeep

2. Norm512TR

Norm512TR Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2001
    Colorado Springs, Colorado
    Full Name:
    Norm
    I understand that there is not any difference between the Euro and US Tubi products, i.e. the same part numbers.

There is a significant weight difference between the stock and the Tubi. I didn't have a chance to weigh either one, but the stock weighed a ton when I brought it home after the swap. What's important is all this weight is hanging right off the back of the car, so the impact is greater.

3. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    The problem is that on TRs there isn't a single "Euro" configuration -- i.e., a Swiss TR is virtually a US TR, whereas GB and SA TRs are significantly and somewhat different exhaust wise, respectively.

If the inlet pipes on your "Euro" TR silencer are short like the US Tubi or US stock silencer then the US version Tubi silencer should bolt right on. If you Euro TR silencer has long inlet pipes and you go to the US Tubi, you might need to get the necessary by-pass pipes, but IIRC the headers and the mufflers themselves on the GB version are very different so that could need more digging.

Here's a stock US TR exhaust system for reference (precats + cats + silencer):

4. Testacojones

Testacojones F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2003
    Lecusay
    European testarossa's will not benefit from a tubi I think, a tubi will only make a u.s. car sound better unless you take the cats and pre cats out, but a european complete system will let the car run stronger from the get go and still sounds loud and the way a ferrari should, a u.s. car with tubi its still inferior to the euro one. In mine I have a tubi and tubi test pipes, if you are into a tubi do like I did but it will be hard to find the tubi test pipes and also get rid of the pre cats.

5. bboxer

bboxer Formula Junior

Aug 6, 2001
    Yes there is a difference between a 84 Euro Testa Tubi p/n 01218412000 and a 85+ US p/n 01128911000.
    Physically, they are quite different. The top canister on th 84 Euro model Tubi is much larger.
    BTW, the US Testa, TR and 512M all use the same Tubi muffler.