snapped a few photos in Ft. Lauderdale | FerrariChat

snapped a few photos in Ft. Lauderdale

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by sduke, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #1 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My daughter snapped a few photos at the "Auto Toy Collection" or something like that when we were coming back from the beach in Ft. Lauderdale. Can't say I was very impressed with the people that were working the day we stopped by. No one would give me the time of day. I would not have bought from them in any case, but I was completely ignored for approximately 30 minutes while my daughters scoped the place out and took these photos.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #2 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  3. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #3 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  4. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #4 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  5. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #5 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  6. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #6 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  7. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #7 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  8. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #8 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  9. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    #9 sduke, Dec 31, 2003
  10. LA Swede

LA Swede Formula Junior

Dec 5, 2003
    SoCal
    that little avatar gif movie is that Nigel Mansel passing Gerhard Berger on the outside in Mexico? I can't quite make it out, but it reminded me of perhaps the coolest pass I have ever seen.

11. F40

F40 F1 Rookie

Apr 16, 2003
    AZ
    Your joking right? Looks like a replica of a GT40, but to not know that car... my my.

12. Jay GT4

Jay GT4 F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2001
    La mamma dei fessi
    Full Name:
    e sempre incinta
    That is a kit car with a Ford engine in it. It's being offered on ebay. I'm surprised they let you take pictures, when I was in there a few years ago they had signs all over the place.

This place has been investigated and shut down a bunch of times and is apparently under "New owners". Most of the cars are questionable (at least from the stories I've heard). If you do a search on the old board there is actually quite a bit of discussion about them (Auto Toy Store).

You should have done yourself a favour and stopped in to see Martin at Cavallino Motors (Where Petrolheads rule!)

13. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Call me if you are still in town. I will even take some time tomorrow if you want. You can come over to my house in Miami Beach, where the F355F1 Spider is sitting.

Thanks Jay, I feel like a petrolhead. 1:34am and I am on the computer. Does anybody have a LIFE for sale? anybody seen one on eBay recently?
    :)

14. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Martin

Thanks for the reply. I am already back in Texas. I flew back several hours ago. I also replied in the "reputable dealers in south florida" thread.

I wish I had called you while I was in town. My planned schedule fell apart when my daughters soccer team was too successful for my plan. HAHAHAHA. I stumbled onto the "auto toy whatever" while the girls and I were returning from our brief trip to the beach. I stopped by Shelton, but they were trying to close up and I felt bad delaying their leaving with it being the holiday season.

I will most likely be returning to Miami in late february for another soccer event. I will block out some time to come and meet you and see if my passion can be fulfilled.

Don't feel bad about being on the computer at this hour on a New Years day. I had my required toast at midnight and I am heading to bed as soon as I get the energy to get up from my chair.

Happy New Year to all.

15. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Thanks for the pics (or should I thank your daughter)!
    I also like the black 328. It is so beautiful.

Ton