Are being Married with Children and Happiness mutually exclusive ? | FerrariChat

Are being Married with Children and Happiness mutually exclusive ?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by WILLIAM H, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have a friend who has a child with his girlfriend & they live together. he was griping today & is pretty disillusioned. I started thinking and I cant think of 1 of my friends 30-40 who has kids & is married or living with a woman who is happy. Are you happy ? Whats your secret to this puzzle ?

2. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    Will, I was a male whore for a long time, & believe it or not, it gets old. I now have an absolutely awesome wife (married 11.5 years) who is tons of fun, never *****es about anything, always has a smile on her face, makes tons of dough, is very smart and is hot. We have 2 girls (ages 7 & 9) & we have a blast together. Just find the right girl, she's out there believe me.

3. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    BTW, we're both 37.

4. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    thast the funniest name for a topic ive ever heard.

5. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I think William is having feelings of guilt being an international playboy.... I guess it's whatever you make of it...

What your friends think doesn't necessarily mean marriage and kids suck... It could just be the circle of friends you choose to hang out with who'd rather not have that kind of responsibility...

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Has Gary Green Hijacked your account????

Hehe, j/k

I am 32 and married (with no kids) and have never been happier. I have only been married a year though. :)

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    You won't get a straight answer....

1. Those who think they aren't won't admit it.

2. Those who think they are don't have another perspective to compare their experience against.

3. Those who are secretly or overtly convinced They Are Right will just attack you for even asking the question.

4. Those who are secretly or overtly convinced They Were Wrong will just attack you for reminding them of their decisions.

The above statements also work for most other question ;)

8. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Meet Dharma at 18 dated for 2 years then lived together for 2 years, Got married, 2 years later had Masen then 3 years later had Parker
    and now 15 years of marrage Im happier than I have ever been.
    Great wife, friend, and companion. Secret, don't know, probably karma.
    Soul mate, ect?

9. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    No, I'm quite happy being an International Playboy :) Ive thought about having kids but I cant see myself with just 1 woman, I'm just not monogamous. My friend's complaints made me rethink the whole kid thing. Sheesh, Maybe Wacko Jacko wasnt so Wacko for contracting with a woman to give him a child ?

Finding a sane, happy, sweet woman is hard enough, add in a kid & it becomes geometrically more difficult

10. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    The other question to ask is:

What do you most fear....the known, or the unknown?

I, for one, got my whoring out of my system before I got married (now 4 years and 1 child)!! I am happy that I was lucky enough to find such a quality person (NOT American) with common sense and family values. I think that if I were in the market today, it would be too much trouble to cut through the females of today's expectations and get to the real person...probably have to buy an econobox for dates.

DL

11. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I always thought if I have kids I'd want to raise them in Europe so they could learn a lot of languages & be immersed in a lot of culture.

Perhaps I should spend a few months in Barcelona looking for a nice spanish lovely with a nice Villa :)

But Whoring is SOOOOOO much fun :)

12. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Interesting subject. Every relationship is different so there is no one answer.

Tork is right. In time you will find what you are looking for. It took me several years and a lot of patience, but I found the same things in Kathy. She's 28, hot, very smart, going up in the world (CPA/Controller and an Escrow Officer) and eager to please *cough*. She used to sleep around quite a bit. That all changed when she got pregnant and had to start taking responsibility for herself. Her son is now 3.

We started out as friends because we had a scary amount in common. I knew that when we first met. After getting to know her for the last 6 months, she's the person I want to be with long term. We'll see where it goes, for now, its just pure bliss.

Sunny

13. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Yeah, Waking up smelling of smoke, stale booze, lighter in the wallet with an alien asleep next to you who just won't vanish before it wakes up and speaks (no matter how hard you wish)!

Sorry, I'm an old fart!

DL

14. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Ah but thats cus you were doing it all wrong. I'm talking about time in Buenos Aires, Rio, Barcelona, Ibiza, Miami, Germany where the party is ON & the girlies are Smoking. I guess I'm addicted to Whoring, beats crack, LOL Freudian slip :)

I just cant see myself having sex with only 1 woman for the rest of my life, Yuck. Well I have a few more years to figure out how to solve this puzzle

15. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Then why bother to ask the question at all? ;) Why deal with all the bull****, likes and dislikes, issues in the bedroom, and find the one person that does it all for you, and so much more outside of it?

Whoring is fun, but it gets so much better, IMO.

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Really! I'll take the Pepsi challenge with any of your so called conquests! :) :)

DL

17. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    That is the definition of whoring. Maybe you even want them to wake up and have another round before you go your separate ways. The lightness of the wallet is generally fixed vs being with someone long term. And you have some variety. Some people, this is all they need.

Its never quite the same, though, as having the same woman no less hot, wake up and make you breakfast. A someone you look forward to talking to as much as you do f'ing their brains out. Having them reach for a condom while saying they know you didn't get enough last night. Someone no less successful than you. Those are some of the many reasons why its worth keeping the same person around.

Sunny

18. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Funny you mention that......I thought the Calphalon frying pan was a GREAT Xmas gift!!!! LOL!!!

DL

19. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    LOL!! ;) I'm headed up to LA now, so I will check back here in a couple of hours. Traffic looks incredible with only 2 accidents and ALL green from Del Mar to Burbank. Tonight is a GOOD night to drive right now if your commuting!

Sunny

20. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I knew I could count on you to see it my way! Now, how can I convince Adriana???

DL

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    We decided to head out in the morning.

DL

22. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I'm going to be 40 in Jan, I think i should wrap up my whoring before I hit 50 so its time to start thinking about family. Good thing I have a few more years of La Vida Loca :)

My friends problems got me thinking. its a serious issue & deserves serious planning so you could say I'm asking to test the waters

23. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Aww hell! It's JUST a new years eve...coupled with turning 40 thing?? You'll be fine by President's day! Meantime, Break Wilt Chamberlain's record!!

DL

PS. This is my 1000th post! I'm SOMEBODY!!

24. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    darth - Congrats on joining the *K.0. Club.*
    WH - Deepest sympathies on joining the *Dreading turning 4-0 in a month Club.*

I dreaded turning 40 more than anything. After I got to the top, the view was incredible!

As for the Topic of this thread: Absolutely Yes and No.

25. JaguarXJ6

JaguarXJ6 F1 Veteran

Feb 12, 2003
    Black Hawk, CO
    Full Name:
    Sunny
    Hmmm.. you go first. Then its her turn and before she knows it, it will be her turn 10 times before you make breakfast. Or you can... err maybe alternate? Nah. Do it first, then make her do it lol

Sunny