Happy New Year to all! | FerrariChat

Happy New Year to all!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariFrank1, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Just wanted to say Happy New Year to everyone! Just in case I conk out early!!! Hope that everyone and their Families have a Safe,Healthy and Prosperous 2004. And,we are fortunate enough to do it in a Ferrari!!! :) And,hoping that we will be joined this year by the others who share the passion. Ah,yes! Life IS Good!!!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Hmm, really? I always thought the 308 is a bit cramped. Didn't you say you had a bad back? Never mind...
    :)

3. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    You know what? believe it or not,my back actually feels better when I am driving the 308 or Corvette. Especially,The 'Vette,because it has Inflatable Lumbar supports. But,when I drive the "Low" cars,I am sitting with my legs stretching out Forward.And,my back is leaning backward with the weight of my upper body not directly pushing straight down. When I drive a "Regular" car,like my wife's P.T.Cruiser,or my Father-in-law's Lincoln,I am sitting more Upright,and when I sit straight up and down,all of my weight pushes directly straight down,and THAT actually causes more pain to me.And causes the disks to push out more into the Nerves,causing ALOT of pain. And,driving,or sitting too long in ANY position hurts like Hell after a little while. So,yes,the Ferrari isn't too bad,as long as I don't drive too long. Plus,taking a mild pain killer beforehand helps. But,nothing too strong to impair driving. Those I only take when I am staying home,or not the Driver. :) Also,keep in mind that as of January 5th.,I will have owned my 308 for exactly 3 years,yet have only put on a little over 4K miles. And,only about 2500-3000 on the Corvette in the last 3 years! Hopefully,this year will be different,as long as my Doctor is successful with my Back surgery! I hope! :)

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    P.S. It's getting in and out of the "Low cars" that proves challenging! Once I'm in,(or out) It's not bad.:)

5. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Therein lies my motivation to continue to work out. Seriously. Just being healthy doesn't motivate me enough...

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes,Before I was injured in my auto accident,I used to work out almost every day for years at a Gym,that has since closed. Then,Powerhouse gym. Now,there isn't much that I can do at the gym,without hurting. So I joined a Health Club that has a pool so that I can do low,or no impact exercises in the water. And,it has a sauna and Jacquzzi to ease the back pain a little. (But,haven't been "stickin' to the Plan" like I should be.) My New Years resolution is to try to go more. I need to,or I wont be able to fit in my Ferrari!

7. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Happy New Year, all. Well, taking my car out today, Jan. 2, means I have now driven it in 10 out of 12 months!

By the way, what did you guys do for New Years? My wife and I went to the Aragon and saw White Stripes/Flaming Lips. AWESOME!!!

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    That sounds like fun! I miss the old Aragon. Geez,since 1974,had to have gone to dozens of concerts there. The old "buckets of beer days". saw lots of cool bands there over the years...Motorhead,Motley Crue,Saxon,Metallica a few times,once with Slayer,once with W.A.S.P.Sammy Hagar. AC/DC (Bon Scot days) with Bo Diddley and George Thorogood. Patty Smith,The Cars,Billy Idol,The Ramones a couple times,Def Leppard when they first came out. The Sex Pistols,man,I can't remember them all! Lots of fun,though!

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    You took the F-car out yesterday???? The weather sucked!!!

Gentlemen, we need to have an emergency meeting with Jack. This is unequivocally Ferrari abuse!

The shame of it all! :)

10. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    No way! It was warm outside. I had to work until noon so I drove downtown. Actually, I was at the grocery store later on and when I came out it had started to mist a little. I laughed thinking about the "Ferraris melting in the rain" jokes, but headed home nonetheless.