Pulling my hair out!!!!! | FerrariChat

Pulling my hair out!!!!!

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by kizdan, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    What is everyone doing until the F1 season starts up again? Luckily, I have around 3 seasons worth of tape, back in the Senna-Prost days, that I will watch whenever I get the itch!

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Welcome to the board!

I got 30 years of race reviews to watch. That should keep me busy. Besides: Mid January we'll see the first rollouts and test times will trickle in. Let the speculation begin!

Still terribly worried about those Bridgestones.
    :(

3. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    I watched Year in review (F1) on Speed Channel like 2 or 3 times. Apart from that ..just checking F1 sites for news.

I can't wait until F1 starts!!!!

4. 328Matt

328Matt Karting

Dec 3, 2003
    Lymm,Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I must agree, if michelin make similar gains in performance as they have done in previous ground bridgestone look very vulnerable. Ferrari could really do with another team using their tyres. I regrettably have also heard of some very bullish sounds coming from Woking where the abandoned mp4/18 has matured into the 19.I hope that bmw don't get more of a power gain either! As for the roll out date i think Ferrari usually do it in early February.C'mon boys 5 in a row!

5. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
    I know how you feel.

Barrett-Jackson
    24 hr Daytona
    G.P. of Miami

I would love to see Bridgestone up their game this year and respond to Michelins gains by developing a tire that can be competetive in the hot/dry as well as maintaining it's rain tire superiority. It will also be interesting to see how the new one engine per race rule will affect reliability/power.

That new Mclaren MP4/19 sure looks like a runner. ("Runner-up" to Ferrari?)

Papa G

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    First of all I have to admit, that I didn't think Michael would still clinch the title after Hungary, so that shows you how powerful my crystal ball is.

But if I had to place money for 04 on any driver, it would be Kimi. The guy is top notch, the MP19 has all the improvements from the MP18 and even DC was a second faster with it.
    :)

And I still don't think Bridgestone has closed the gap. So here my horoscope:

1) Kimi
    2) Michael
    3) Ralf
    4) Alonso

7. F1racer

F1racer F1 Rookie

Oct 5, 2003
    Laval
    Full Name:
    Jean
    Interesting..
    Ralf 3rd :
    I totally agree with that. He had a great 2003 season but at the end he was unlucky. As for the uncoming season , Ralf will be the guy for Williams and as for JPM , he has McLaren in his head.

Alonso 4th:
    If Renault are better than last year , FA will have no problem finishing 4th.

8. kizdan

kizdan F1 Veteran

Dec 31, 2003
    I f I were to pick someone other than Michael, it would be Montoya. I thought Montoya was going to win it last year. Kimi and Ralph are awesome talents, but Montoya has experience winning titles. You cannot discard the importance of experience in a Championship race. Regardless of who will win in '04, I am happy to see that we will have healthy competition for years to come.

9. 328Matt

328Matt Karting

Dec 3, 2003
    Lymm,Cheshire
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I think both Montoya and Coulthard will suffer in 04.The mclaren has probarbly been developed with kimi's driving style in mind, David was no where in 03 and will be somewhere other than mclaren in 04.Williams already know montoya is leaving and they would hate to see that number one that they might earn on a mclaren! All i know is Michael is the best driver out there (1 win for kimi in 03).Rubens is driving better than ever as seen at silverstone-the best i have seen him.Ferrari have a great starting point with the f2003 ga and a brilliant team of engineers. I only hope that Rory can come up with something as innovative as the gearbox in the f2002 and that bridgestone get their act together.As ever tyres are going to be key.

10. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    60 days and counting :)