Ferrarichat Project Gotham 2 racing league | FerrariChat

Ferrarichat Project Gotham 2 racing league

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tigermilk, Dec 16, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    I figure we should start this up after the new year since many travel at this time of year. For race format, we can race for fun or for pride/bragging rights. Racing can be scored on 2 levels, either skill points or race points.

Proposed rules
    --------------
    1. Points for finishing awarded to first 6 finishers in 10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 formant.
    2. Points accumulated for the entire night of racing.
    3. Can track points in two ways - total points (accumulating the points from race to race, week to week) and weekly leader (top 6 finishers for the night awarded 10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1 points for the week).
    4. Rules 2 and 3 can be repeated for Kudos scores if wanted.
    5. If more than 8 drivers are racing a given night, fields will be evenly split.

Any other suggestions? It would be great to keep the racing Ferrari specific, but some of you may not have the Kudos tokens accumulated to buy some of the Ferrari's in the game. Plus it's honestly not as fun to race with the Enzo, F-40, or F-50 in the game compared to the 246 or 275. I have no problem with any class of car, and am always open to racing single car type only (like a Mini Cooper only race). By the way, it's rumored the 612 will be downloadable from Bizarre Creations around the holidays.

In the meantime, I'll be online and offline honing my skills. Xbox tag is F308GTB. If I'm on, it's usually in the evenings.

2. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Sounds complicated. Let's just race!

3. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Bummer is this is for Xbox only. :(

Any similar online PC game we all could play? :)

4. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I play the Need for Speed series games and the F1 series games by EA sports.

5. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I'm IN!

I ordered a memory card with all car's and almost a million kudo's and will be glad to make copies so we can all race ferrari's.

6. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    sweet, im in too

my sn is BiZzAr0

ill look for you on there

7. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    I'm happy but bummed...

I just got PGR2 for the xbox for Christmas. I also got a steering wheel and pedals set (Pelican Cobra TT). I'm bummed because the paddle shifters don't work with PGR2. I have to use the buttons on the wheel. I was really looking forward to using the paddles.

Does anyone else use a wheel and pedals? If so, which brand? Does anyone have the Thrustmaster 360 Modena set? They look cool!

Mike

8. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I just got my online setup going my user is MedMech let me know what a time to sign on.

9. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    MedMech, BiZzAr0, I'll add you to my friends list. Look forward to some racing. I typically race in the evening, but starting next week we can set up a common time.

10. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    How do you add a person to the friends list that you have not raced with?

I know how to do it with a person that I raced that day but I don't know how to manually enter it.

11. Prancing_Horse

Prancing_Horse Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Arlington,VA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    i think you can actualy

12. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Is there a cheat code for PGR2 ? So you can open all the cars and tracks like in PGR1?

It took me too long in a bunch of ralley cars (that I didn't want to drive on the hills of San Fran) till I got to the Ferrari in PGR.

13. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    There is a product that's called action replay, its about 29.99 @ Best Buy.

14. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    I bought a wheel and pedals when I first got PGR2 and the paddles don't work either. I think they only work the the wheels that the came is set up for, however...

I find the cam 10x easier to play with the regular controller. I suck with the wheel but can do OK with the controller.

Luke.

15. tigermilk

tigermilk Formula Junior

Jul 12, 2001
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    James P. Smith
    Start up the Xbox without a game in it or leave the tray open. Choose the "live" option. Look for "Add Friends" or something. A keyboard is put up on the screen and you can "type" away. You can only add one at a time (type the name, say "done", back out, and then add another tag).

16. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    PH,

that was a blast this evening, I test drove the Enzo and Yeeeeikkkes I am earning the Kudo's before I do any racing.

17. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    No way, dont cheat. I mean, its always tempting, but, then the game gets boring REAL fast. Its so much better to earn the cars. When I got the F50 in PGR1, I felt as if I had acheived a major milestone in life! lol. In PGR2 you can immediately race all of the cars (excluding a select few) in the showroom mode. THeres only one track you can go one,, but it lets you test out all of the cars, even the Enzo. One it doesnt let you test is the 250 GTO, gotta earn that baby!

18. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark
    You worked your way up to the F50? How long did that take? It would take me months, if I even have enough talent?

Someone gave me the cheat code to PGR1 and I only used the 5 Ferrari's. I also liked the little orange Opel or speedster...what ever they called it? For racing some of the slower races.

I'm new to games and when I have an hour to play...I want to pick my car and track and just go at it!

19. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    It took a while. I never really sat down and played for hours at a time every day. I had that game forever, and only played it about once a week when I had the time. Slow but steady progress! To get the F50 you needed to get 200,000 total Kudos. Might seem impossible at the beginning, but they come quickly in the higher classes (sometimes 10,000 for an enduro race). And those enduro races can drive you nuts. 15 laps. And it always seems if your gonna **** up, its on the 15th lap. You'll be kickin ass all race, then on the last lap, some dickhead kicks it into high gear and takes you out on a corner. Several of my controlers lost their lives due to that. R.I.P.

20. MedMech

MedMech Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    I worked in single player this morning to get an Enzo and that sucker is FAST.

Regarding cheats, if you're playing multiplayer mostly you can't earn cars so the cheats help so you can compete in multi.

Yes BiZZaro I have an Enzo out and my bumper has your license plate on it ;)