Le Mans 1970 acident | FerrariChat

Le Mans 1970 acident

Discussion in 'Other Racing' started by Kalidengas, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
    Does anyone noes, in detail, what happen at Le Mans, in 1970 with four 512 S:
    Nº7 Bell - Peterson
    Nº8 Merzario - Regazzoni
    Nº14 Bonnier - Wissel
    Nº15 Parkes - Muller
    I know that in the fourth hour of race, they have all been involved in the same acident. I also know that Regazzoni was considered responsible for the all thing.

2. Papa G

Papa G Formula 3

Dec 29, 2003
  3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    As described in Road & Track:

"It was at this time that a most bizarre thing happened. Five Ferrari 512S's were coming down past Maison Blanche. The first of these was Reine Wisell, going about 50MPH and wandering all over because he couldn't see after Larousse's Porsche (he said) had covered his windshield with oil. Sam Posey in a NART 512S came up on him, saw he was very slow and got around, but Derek Bell, Clay Regazzoni and Mike Parkes were too close behind Posey to see Wisell. As Posey got past the following three descended on Wisell at some ridiculous rate of speed immorally close to 150MPH, everyone tried a different direction to avoid Reine, Regazzoni first gave him a proper great wallop from the rear, Bell overrevved the bejeezus out of it down-shifting to try to get slowed up and osterized the bearings in a terminal sort of way, then Parkes went straight up the middle for a strike, rather blunting his car and making mush of what remained of Regazzoni's and Wisell's cars. Miraculously no one was hurt but four Ferraris had been packed up and shipped in just one incident."

4. Kalidengas

Kalidengas Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Lisbon, Portugal
    Full Name:
    J.Santiago
  5. I bet Enzo wasn't too pleased after that happened.