Best place on buy BMW parts? | FerrariChat

Best place on buy BMW parts?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Auraraptor, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
  2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    WWOC. 845 425 2600. Ask for Parts/Dean. Mention my name.
    Jim G

3. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thank you James!

4. Chip D

Chip D Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2003
    Louisiana
    I've bought parts from Pacific BMW I think the discount was about 25 % off list on what I bought.

5. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    BMA Auto parts is by FAR the cheapest place you can get OEM BMW parts... They are OEM wholesalers.. Ask for Patrick for quotes. He's a real nice guy... Pacific is OK,, go to WWOC and get ripped off..

www.bmaautoparts.com

6. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    While the M dash cluster is much nicer then the regular 740 dahs cluster, I do not know if this is a great idea. The M5 dash cluster has a different gauge setup then the regular BMW V8 models. While the water temp would not be any different, the M dashes include an oil temp reading under the tach whereas the regular dash has the gas mileage meter. It might get annoying to see you oil temp go from low to high every time you are on and off the gas.

7. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Pacific BMW is the place for steepest discount, according to all the sites I've seen. Wish I had know about this...I had to have the dash swapped out on my 540ia M-Sport before importation from Canada into the States, and have a USA MPH dash installed (Canadian cars only read in kph, not both) and it probably wouldn't have cost much more to have the M5 dash installed...DAMN! Having oil temp would be very nice to have. Now the rpm warning lights that come on until the oil temp comes up might get a little annoying...

8. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    You have to watch out with online car part businesses... A lot of them advertise a couple specials luring you into thinking they are cheap, and then making up the difference ripping you off in s/h handling costs or overcharging with other parts you buy that they don't advertise as specials... Places that advertise heavily like Vertex Auto in Excellence and Bimmer Magazine often does this... They have to make up lost revenue from marketing costs...

I have never ordered from Pacific, but I find BMA Auto to be the most honest and cheapest BMW parts distributor... They also have almost zero marketing costs to pass on to the customer so their business is mostly through word of mouth.. I have even negotiated prices over the phone with Patrick, for a better deal, it's a family owned business..

www.bmaautoparts.com

9. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Agreed, best to call around, but I will tell you that the prices quoted in the threads I saw about Pacific BMW where anywhere from 25 to 35% less than my local dealer. And the guys on those boards swore that Pacific BMW was worth supporting both for their prices, but also for thier prompt service and tech support...hard to argue with those glowing accolades.

www.pacificbmw.com
    www.bmaautoparts.com

Now you have-em both, and can compare prices... :)

10. Auraraptor

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Thanks All!

Here is what I got so far:

WWOC: $910

Pacific: $910 (but wont sell to me via net or phone)

BMA: Nope, don't sell dealer item only.

My local BMW dealer's parts department(they are also a VW/Audi/Porsche/Mazda dealer): First response: M5? Is that an Audi? Attempt 2: $910

11. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    You might try a dealer in Canada. I paid $802 usd for a new 540i (usa) dash panel. They also gave me back $116 usd as a core charge for the original Canadian dash panel, so net was $686 usd. Of course you will have to pay shipping and duty, to the states, but even still, it may be worth checking. They do have access to the USA dash panels, since they were able to get one for me.

My conversion was performed by the dealer in Vancouver, BC, and I omitted the labor cost of $77 usd to perform the swap, and program the odometer (swap the stated kilometers over to miles).

Surprised none of those dealers offered a discount on the dash panel...I wonder why?

Here's a thought...call the dealer in Toronto, maybe you could just drive up and have them do it?
    Here's the link to all the dealers in Canada:
    http://www.bmwworld.com/dealers/canada_bmw_dealers.htm

12. Jim Converse

Jim Converse Rookie

Dec 6, 2003
    Camarillo, Ca.
    Full Name:
    550Jim
    I have bought a lot of BMW parts for my M635Csi from Bekkers in Georgia. They get container shipments, from Germany, every week and have a lot in stock too. Always a good savings over the local dealers. Ask for Mark @ #11, he's the BMW guy. 800 624 5410
    Jim Converse

13. Wayne 962

Wayne 962 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 27, 2003