Ebay special... all aluminum bodied 328??? | FerrariChat

Ebay special... all aluminum bodied 328???

Discussion in '308/328' started by kiesan, Jan 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. kiesan

kiesan Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 21, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Kie Robertson
  2. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    You have been corrected!

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    the engine mod / not passing emissions tests bit is sketchy. If you can't drive it over here, then that would be unfortunate. Otherwise, I think it's great.

5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Kie,
    It was discussed before, in the thread mentioned below. In a nutshell, it is for real, a "one off" done by the factory.

It seems to be a difficult sell..as it has been off/on the market for a long time...

6. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Personally, I would trade my car for it + cash.

7. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    This car again! I've seen it floating around forever. Typical case of someone with lots of money making a great car and asking too much when it's time to sell. If this car was sold for $45k 5 years ago the owner would be better off than whatever he gets for it today just based on time value of the cash. Okay, it's a nice car, but I know the owner wants way more than anyone is going to pay him. And it's a garage queen to boot. I saw it in person and it's sweet, but since 328's are not really collectable the owner should get the best he can or keep it another 10 years and hope the market is kinder than it is today. I have a hunch he wants $75k or something stupid like that.

Ken

8. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Not to crazy about fly yellow with red and black int.
    But the concept of being the only one in the world
    is cool.

9. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Ken-

I met the owner(at that time), 3 yrs. ago at an FCA event.

He was trying to sell it then. I know it was put in a number of dealers on consignment and, I wonder if it's still on consignment where it's being promoted now?

Really, unless you're a collector who collects one-off cars, there's nothing special about it.

It looks like any other 328, ceptin' it has Daytona seats and has some engine mods. (unfortunately, meaning it only runs right 1/4 of the time).

If it's something someone wants to add to their collection, they should buy it, and make it a closet queen.

For someone to buy it who wants to drive it, there are no economics in paying a premium for it.

The car is not special, at least outwardly, and I think that's why the last owner had difficulty selling it at his asking price.

When I met him, and saw the car, he wanted $75K for it........the price was totally absurd in my estimation.

Of course, I may be totally wrong, and I missed out on a great investment!

It wouldn't be the first time. :(