575 Buyers Help! | FerrariChat

575 Buyers Help!

Discussion in '456/550/575' started by Auraraptor, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I just spent dinner with a good family friend of mine. He currently has a Z8 and wants to move up. After a lengthy discussion, we decided that indeed the 575 is best for him and his tastes. (He doesn't know what it looks like but I assured him its quite attractive.) What I need is a few posts on well THE CAR. I need basicly what you would tell someone if you thought they should buy the car. And I need PICTURES!!

If you guys can help, I can make him a sure thing for 575. He was leaning to a AM but after our talk is seriously considering a 575. He is going to test drive one in the Spring (and asked me to come along since I seem to know fcars in his opinion :)) I just need to "make the final sell."

Thanks all!

2. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    There is a thread in the Southern California section where Armen Gugasian (sp) an F chatter posts his new 575. Here is the thread where Jordan drives it:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4371

There are some pics.

There is another thread where Armen posts pics but I am on my way out for new year.

Good luck and happy new year!! :)

3. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  4. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
  5. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    My profile has a good shot of the interior of my 575.

aehaas

6. WCH

WCH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 16, 2003
    As you probably know, FoW has an '04 on the showroom floor. I have an '03 and would be happy to meet you and your friend at FoW. I'll find photos of my car and shoot them to you, but it may take a few days. Posted them on the old board in September under the name "will 575", but I can't find them now.

I assume your friend also is considering the Vanquish? Now that we have an AM dealer in the DC area, that choice would be more palatable to me - it's certainly a beautiful car.

Cheers, Will

7. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    He lives up in NE PA, and its closer (not by much) to Wide World from his home. Thanks for the help though, in the Spring, definately though we will see.

Any suggestions on colors and options?

I told him to get get the FHP and he definately wants F1.

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Color preferences are so subjective.I love my grigio titanio .(see profile)
    I have the carbon fiber cockpit treatment-19 inch modular wheels ,tubi exhaust (plus Stebro straight pipes) If ordering (bought mine off floor) I would add fender shields(I added them )and leather rear shelf and painted calipers.

9. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    I liked the optional 250 GT style grill that was available on the 550 from the Carrozzeria Scaglietti program.
    Got a picture of it somewhere....

10. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    PW, I'd like to see that, if you can.

TIA,

JMJ

11. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    He must see it in the flesh, as soon as and wherever possible. I say this because this past New Year's Day I happened to be in Columbus, OH which is home to the F-car dealer Midwest Auto Group. I remembered that MAG, as they called themselves, was in nearby Dublin just as I was about to leave town. They had a Nero 575 and two Vanquishes, black and silver, a TDF 456, and several Maseratis. Pictures in no way do the 575 or the 456 justice, and they blatantly slander the Maser.

The lines of the 575 and the Vanquish are exquisite pieces of art. After drinking in the 575, 456 and Vanquish, and even the Maser, it was impossible to look at a P-car, a BMW or any Benz, of which they had many. Simply impossible. There was no comparison, I don't care how quick they are to 60.

The most important difference between the 575 and the Vanquish, exhaust acoustics aside, is the fact that the Vanquish is most striking in black, whereas the 575 is clearly striking in almost every color. The silver Vanquish did not have the gravitas or pulchrum of the black one.

If he sees a 456 he may change his mind altogether. This was my first sighting of a 456 and I now see why all the Brit mags say it's the most beautiful modern Ferrari. The line is gorgeous and so clean. It is a hands-down classic. I'm surprised prices have fallen as they have for these beauties. The 612 has a very, very tough act to follow. Besides beauty he could take the wife/girlfriend/kids/co-workers along for the ride in the 456.

Encourage him to see them ASAP. He'll catch the fever. ;)

Ciao,

JPR

12. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    The car is incredible. It's a car that can be driven Everyday. Very comfortable, and Kicks a** when driven Hard. Not as sporty as the 360. More of a touring car. But with 500+ horsepower. it will take pretty much anything on the road!!!!!

13. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    #13 ag512bbi, Jan 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  14. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    I love this car in RED!!! :) Any more photo's?

15. racer_f50

racer_f50 Rookie

Dec 25, 2003
    SD, USA
    Full Name:
    Mike
  16. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman