real F40LM | Page 4 | FerrariChat

real F40LM

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Roland E Linder, Dec 30, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Wow.

Is the #4 car a Jaguar XJR-15?!?!

Turbo PCars, a 275 and the F40!

That's a slice of heaven there Roland. Congrats.

Joe

2. Roland E Linder

Roland E Linder Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    You're right Joe, it's a XJR15 ex-Bob Wolleck, fun to drive with full carbon tub, just alittle short on power (v12 550hp) but what a sound.
    Wha said that being a racer it's no work !!! The maintenance for all these cars is just a full time and plus...
    In the Spring, my friends are sometime staying at the ranch to sleep after working till 3 am to be ready to go out by 6 am...
    Enjoy
    Roland

3. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Roland,

You're living right! Well done.

If I were anywhere near Colorado, I would offer to mow your lawn just to observe what goes on in the shop! :)

Joe

4. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

5. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder

Hi Joe, comon down, it's warmer here but I must tell you that mowing here is a full day job !!!I got a red mower...tempt ???
    Roland

6. JOEV

JOEV F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 6, 2003
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Roland - if the tractor has SF shields, I'll drive it all over Creation! :)

Do you have a website with pics and racing stories? Please let me know. Thanks.

Joe

7. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Joe, Sorry but no web site for me since I have no clue what to do about that. I guess that over the years I always based myself on my reputation. I was on ESPN last Sunday and they want to stop by here next week. I was in Forza #16 testing the famous F50GT1 with my friend Jim Spiro .
    In the Forza #45, toward de rear, I wrote a story about racing at Spa Francoprchamps in the late 60 and 70. This was a requets from Forza.
    I did several presentations at car clubs with slides and video.
    One was at Porsche and was called "an evening in RED"..Only "red "car that evening. I might not be reinvited !!
    Take care,
    Roland
    Roland

8. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Roland,

How about a tour of your dash? Ever since DES posted his pic of your LM's dash (repeated here in post #38), I've been wondering what some of that is. I plan to outfit my Stradale with some good data aquisition stuff, so its more than just idle curiosity. I'd love to know what you've got there and what's most useful????

Thanks!

Brian

9. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Howdy Brian, First, congrats for the great job on your 308...I loved the work you have done. Now enjoy..
    For my dash from left to right : EGT double needle gauge, rocker switch for low/high beam, rocker for manual radiator fan, rocker for wiper, rocker not in use yet.Above the rockers, switch for turn signal.
    Big red fire switch, red indicator for fan.
    On the other side from removable steering :blue small indicator for small inner street light, rocker switch ingnition, gauges oil pres.fuel,oil temp than fues panel.
    In the cluster : Water temp above stop watch/clock, Speedometer tach with shift light, boost gauge, below them, on a row :low fuel light-high beam-oil pressure-rpm caution-general alarm-turn indicator-battery charge.
    in the center, just below the dash, Bia brake knob, main battery switch, rpm set up.
    The all dash was custom made to my specifications. After racing so many different cars, I sort of knew what I need in my LM.
    All the gauges are with red light during the night
    Et voila, it realy works well.
    Take care,
    Roland

10. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hey Brian, When I congartulated for the 308 job, I meant J Grande, for you Brian, I recognized the esses at motorsport TX. Nice track, I had fun there at te national a few years back.
    take care
    Roland

11. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Some more stuff from Roland...!

First, let's check out the front end air ducts on the F40 LM... 1of 5, the last three pictures are of his Porsche & Testarossa... :)

Thanks, Roland...!

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
  16. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Thanks for the run down, Roland.

Are those fuse blocks over on the far right?

What's that on top of your dash? GPS? G-Tech Competition?
    If a G-Tech, what do you use that for?

17. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hey Brian,
    I use a GPS when on "road" trip, it's a Garmin and does a bunch of data.
    The far right box is for all the fuses. If you need close up pics. I can ask my brother to take a shot and e-mail that to you. On each fuse, there
    is a label.
    Let me know,
    take care,
    Roland

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Check out Roland...! :D

19. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    OK Des, you got me, I'm guilty but no tickets...Like in New Orleans, no tickets. It must be my good look or my french accent....
    No comments needed from all you chat's friends....Cops like the LM, with or without pipes or plate...
    Roland

20. kghayes

kghayes Rookie

Nov 6, 2003
    Full Name:
    Kenneth Hayes
    #95 kghayes, Jan 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Gents,

This isn't the latest photo, but I thought it was pretty good at showing the dash well enough to make out the guages and switches that Roland was trying to describe to you.

The panel on the right is for the relays and fuses. From left to right. Top row of relays is: Left Fuel Pump, Right Fuel Pump, Low Beam, High Beam, Turn Indicator. The bottom row: Tail Light, Start, Ignition, N/A (for A/C haha), and N/A (set for a fan). The rest are fuses and spares. This is great set-up for race cars (for access and trouble shooting which we had to do in the early days), but has proven to be problematic for some passengers. Hey Roland, maybe we need a clear plastic cover...

Hope this answers some questions.

Kenneth
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

21. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Roland- You have an incredible Collection!!!!! I Love your cars!

22. WFO_Racer

WFO_Racer Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca
    Roland, I met you when Chris Parr rented Buttonwillow to evaluate his new Brembos. You have a fantastic car. If I remember you live in the Loveland-Fort Collins area, my wifes parents reside there and we spent some time with them this past holiday season. I should have remembered this so we could have shared a drink.We are going to visit them again in the near future maybe we can meet again.

I have a question for you regarding your Street Pilot GPS on your dash. I have one in the S2000 a car with no torque. The damn thing flies off the dash every time I take off. I tried using it in the 360 but that was even worse. That bean bag holder is worthless. Now tell me how it stays in place with the F40 which if I remember has a "bit more HP & torque" than my little 2 liter motor or the 3.6 liter motor for that matter. By the way what does your GPS show for a top speed . Mine shows 179.

Happy New Year

23. Roland E Linder

Nov 3, 2003
    COLORADO
    Full Name:
    Roland E Linder
    Hello WFO,
    I recall talking to you at Button about family living in Loveland.
    Next time around, feel free to call me and you're welcome at the ranch.
    To keep the GPS in place on the dash, I just drive very slowly...just kidding !!
    It's a problem that you can resolve by mounting a small similar plate that
    you have on the bean bag (comes with the kit ). That plate holds the GPS firmly on the dash.
    Speed read on it is 186...can you beat that. I'm still look for a faster place to hit the 200 and of course take a pic of it.
    If you have the DVD from the Players Run, you'll see a few speed run that we did during that run.
    Take care,
    Roland