360 lift-top | FerrariChat

360 lift-top

Discussion in '360/430' started by bostonmini, Dec 29, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Anybody surprised, Ive only seen 1 360 with this option. I would think it would be extremely popular, but my dealer told me that it isn't and that they dont even do it anymore!

2. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    I also saw it once. But didn't look so good.

3. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    I have never in my life heard of this. Photos anyone?

4. ferrarist

ferrarist Formula Junior

Mar 16, 2001
    Istanbul / TURKEY
    Full Name:
    I.K.
    #4 ferrarist, Dec 29, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    The shape is ungainly, it adds weight where you least want it, it probably leaks (wind and water).

6. Russ Birch

Russ Birch Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Russ Birch
    AHHHH!

That is HORRIBLE!

There was one in the Dupront Registry about a year ago with that listed as a very rare factory option. I called the guy because there was no picture of it in the ad. He told me he would take "any reasonable offer" and that noboby had even made an offer on the car. He though it might be because of the roof.

Russ

7. richard

richard Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Richard Thompson III
    Thanks for the photo, that is indeed quite odd...

8. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    I have seen three or four cars in the SF bayarea with them. We had never had any complaints of noise or leaking, but when they were off the car, they did not seem "right" sitting in either seat.

9. sparetireless

sparetireless Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    From my research, the option cost about $4700 USD, at resale it appears to neither add nor detract from resale. The roof is manual and it is straped to the rear fire wall inside the cabin. The option is mutually exclusive with the hi fi system due sub woofer location. Personally, it seems interesting. I also doubt it leaks either air or water.

10. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    See no reason why it would leak, 355 GTS don't leak either and it's a full targa roof. Really does not look good though, I regret that Ferrari did not pursue with the full GTS concept, an interesting alternative to the soft tops (fragility) and the Berlinettas (no music, no sunshine).

11. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    That option was taken off the list when I ordered my 360 back in early 2000. Apparently, it came back on the option list later on. Not that I'd ordered one with it...

I think the 360 spider, with the roll hoops and the flying buttresses, looks somewhat like a GTS. A full-on spider would probably look more like the 355 spyder.

12. TC (Houston)

TC (Houston) Formula Junior

Feb 5, 2002
    Houston
    I agree. I'm a huge fan of the 355 GTS. The 360 Spider looks sort of like a hybrid GTS/Spider to me. I think it's great. The 360 Spider would probably too wedge-shaped if it didn't have the roll hoops and buttresses.

13. MikeS

MikeS Karting

Nov 21, 2003
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Mike S
    I have seen it on two 360s and was going to order one for mine- one major issue though. It takes away 2 inches plus of headroom. I am 6' 3" and fit fine in a 360 regular roof. Do not fit at all with the lift top. My head does not brush the top, it is jammed against it.(yes I adjusted the seat). In fact, the one new 360 I saw at the dealer with the roof was rejected by the buyer because he was 6"4" and did not fit either. My salesman called me for a test fit. Good thing.

14. West777

West777 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2003
    I agree. I love the targa tops. Best lookin 355 IMO