USGP Paddock passes ? | FerrariChat

USGP Paddock passes ?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by parkerfe, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I am considering buying those high dollar paddock passes for my wife and I from www.owners.ferrari.com for this years USGP. Is anyone else planning to do the same ?

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Well Frank, I went to the first USGP without a paddock pass, but wearing a full crew suit from JMJ Automobilia.

I ended up helping a Challenge Team all weekend in the pits, and after the Ferrari 1-2, got everyone's autograph on the F1 team!

I was so close to the TV cameras the real crew covered my tobacco logos with tape, which I have on the jacket today!

Sneaking around without credentials was pretty difficult actually, unless you know about the secret access points, that AJ Foyt showed me!

Picked up a trio in infield, blonde, brunette, AND redhead. They were wives of Mercedes engineers! Sigh.

Imagine when the husbands caught up to us in my reserved seats, with me as red as Santa!

Spend the money and have a GREAT time!

3. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    Yes, I too was at the 1st USGP and went to the 2nd one too . I missed last year due to a conflict. I have spoken with several people who have bought the Ferrari paddock passes and they claim it is the only way to go. Great food, drinks, pit walkabouts, meeting the drivers and team members. The $4k a piece price is a little steep though. If I can just get my wife to agree to go as our 10th anniversity gift to each other, I'm buying !

4. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Frank, make sure that you get the F1 passes and not the Challenge passes. This is what happened to me at the Montreal GP. While it was interesting (got to chat some with Dr. Earle), it ain't the same.

DrTax

5. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dr. Earle, he's my hero!

He signed my program and gave me a helment pin. A nice guy and a good driver! He didn't need any help in '99 because he was with FoH.

I work for some guys from Florida!