Cost of raising a kid | FerrariChat

Cost of raising a kid

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by mr. green, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    What does it cost to raise a kid to the age of 18 nowadays?

2. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
  3. JimSchad

JimSchad Guest

I just had on 12 days ago and so far she has cost me a Testarossa and a trip to Vegas. She is worth it though as I'll have the car soon enough.

4. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Peters,

That website sucks!

5. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    While the financial considerations of raising a child do need to be considered, it is far, far bigger than money.

But the rewards are huge ...

Have you ever actually asked a question directly relating to Ferraris?, ie. the car.

I used this forum to chat with the petrol heads while at work. This is especially useful for me because I usually very busy with my family when I get home, thus I do not get out to car club meets to get my fix. Obviously as my children grow and become more independent ... and I can find a job that does not suck the life out of me ... I'll be able to actually talk face to face and get my fix that way. I also get to learn things and watch other progress that I otherwise would not have been able to ... like Jim's P4.

What do you use this forum for?

Pete

6. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
    Mr Green.

Raising two daughters cost me everything I ever wanted. I gave up everything except the bare essentials to make a life for my girls. Both of my girls are extremely talented soccer players. Both played for the State Team. It cost over $800.00 a month in travel expenses and competitive club dues for them just to play competitive soccer. Both received money from colleges in the form of athletic scholarships. Even with the scholarships, I had to borrow thousands. I saved as much money as I could every month for their college educations and I was woefully short.

I have a decent job (Toyota Technician) but I have never been able to get out of debt until recently. To answer your question, it cost more than I ever imagined.

But..................I would do it all over again today. No regrets. NONE!

They are the greatest thing I will ever accomplish.

7. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    What does it cost if you don't?

But the answer you are looking for is $750,000 each through college.

8. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Didn't anyone else see this coming? Just a few weeks ago Gary Green was heading off to a singles dance and wanted to know how to score with the asian crowd. Next thing he was complaining that condoms were uncomfortable. This thread was inevitable and I'm guessing his next thread will be asking if anyone knows a cheap abortion clinic in North Hollywood.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    MARKPDX: Your reply is dead on (and it cracked me up!). I can't top that!

10. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

MAYBE THE QUESTION SHOULD BE ALTERED..

"WHAT DOES IT COST TO RAISE A CHILD LIKE MR GREEN WITH PSYCHOLOGICAL AND MEDICATION NEEDS"

11. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    Then...using my special "teenage" logic...Every kid I dont have is at least an F40 in the garage :)

12. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    I take it the finger through the toliet paper did not work.

13. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Not to sound corny but the cost you put into your kids should be based on time, not money. The $$$ cost goes up significantly at 18 when they start college. Whatever the cost, it's worth every penny... and it's worth a lot more than the Rosso car sitting in my garage right now.

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    You know, Gary, the question that begs to be asked is....How much will it take for you to NOT have a kid???????

DL

15. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    Don't sweat it guys, he'll never procreate. Don't you remember that he's afraid of American women?