Forza article master index | FerrariChat

Forza article master index

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by cabrio_fan, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson
    As I become more intrigued with both the vintage and late model Ferraris, I find myself re-reviewing my entire collection of Forza magazines looking for model specific info and photos. Browsing 51 issues of Forza and trying to keep them in nice condition is a bit of a feat.

Has anyone compiled article and photo references for Forza into a single master index? This could be a valuable tool when researching various models.

Forgive me if this has covered already but an F-chat search for "Forza" and "index" yielded no hits and Forza was too many hits. I also searched the old F-chat site and saw one reference by GThomas to a master subject list on www.dacorsa.net but that link was stale.

This question could also pertain to Cavallino and other F-car periodicals. If such an index does not exist, we could put one together for the boards use (if Rob doesn't object). I could start the project off by entering some of my collections info. (i.e. - I could take issues 1 to 5, others could take 6 to 10, 11 to 15, etc, etc)

Thoughts? Suggestions?

Mike

P.S. - Andrew... hang on, I'll get those Forza magazines you wanted into the mail for you. :)

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Sounds like a brilliant idea. I don't think anything like that exists yet for Forza and it would be very helpful.

Remember how Forza always said they would one day come out with a collection of all the Buyer's guides? Well that never happened, so I'm glad I kept my Forza magazines. Just those are really priceless.

3. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    Cavallino has published an index for issues 1-100. A subject index. I have a copy. As an aside, I've been thinking of selling my collection of Cavallinos. Anyone...? ...Buehller?

JMJ

4. 250lm

250lm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niels Schouten
  5. cabrio_fan

cabrio_fan Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Michael Davidson

Close Niels. That helps. I was thinking more along the lines of a searchable index (either by issue or by model) such as:

by issue....

Issue 1:
    [insert table of contents here]
    page by page references to Ferrari models

or by model....

Mondial Cabriolet:
    Issue 19 Buyer's Guide
    Issue xx photo on page 10
    Issue xx owner comments page 40
    etc.

It may be overkill but that's what I'd like to have.

I think I start the indexing myself and anyone else can let me know if they'd be interested in it.

Cheers.

Mike

6. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I have the complete index for Classic & Sportscar back to the origin in 1982, which is extremely useful to me as I have all of the magazines back through 1985. I'm slowly working on an index for Thoroughbred & Classic Car. Road & Track stopped doing indexes a few years ago due to lack of space (what a totally pathetic excuse!!!). Car & Driver never did indexes. Again, I'm working on the Sports Car International index.

I have copies of Wallace's "Automotive Literature Index" for 1947-76, 1977-81, and 1982-86.

I spend way too much time on my little "research" projects, but I enjoy it.

7. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Please email me a list of the issues that you have for sale.

Thanks,
    Wayne
    [email protected]

8. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    Brian Stradale, I PM'ed you. Did You get it? You can email me.

[email protected]

RSVP

JMJ

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    That is tremendously helpful. I just copied all the information into an excel sheet, basically gives me a searchable index.

10. 250lm

250lm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Niels Schouten
    "Posted by Miltonian - 01-03-2004 at 02:54 AM
    I have the complete index for Classic & Sportscar back to the origin in 1982, which is extremely useful to me as I have all of the magazines back through 1985. I'm slowly working on an index for Thoroughbred & Classic Car. Road & Track stopped doing indexes a few years ago due to lack of space (what a totally pathetic excuse!!!). "

Is there any change this is electronicly available? I collect every magazine article I can find about Ferrari and am close to completing the regular Dutch magazines. I do have many of the English languaged articles, but I do not know if I have found all yet, and do not know which issues had Ferrari related (also Thema 8.32, Stratos, Fiat Dino, ASA etc.) articles in them from for example C&S or R&T. I like to search the big boxes with magazines at car shows and the like, but I always seem to see the same issues. Would love to be able to see if I am (almost) complete and would welcome any lead to magazine indices of regular car magazines (in either Dutch or English).

thanks,

Niels

11. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    Hi, Niels:

I think I have seen the index for Classic & Sportscar up to 1991 online, but not up-to-date. I have seen partial indexes for some of the other magazines, but nothing really complete. I don't know why the individual magazines don't do regular indexes, maybe they just don't want to be bothered by people looking for copies? I try to do my own indexes, but it takes a LOT of time. I concentrate on six or seven particular magazines.

I would like to put together an index that I could distribute, but there is no way that it could ever be complete. I simply don't have access to every issue of every magazine. So I work from memory and lots of pages of notes.

12. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    No worries, I'm patient. :) I'll email you about helping out with indexing the Forzas.