F40 Stock ECU Chip information | FerrariChat

F40 Stock ECU Chip information

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by rexrcr, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    The chip (from 1990) is:
    89002A
    M27128A-4F6
    With a handwritten sticker stating "50B-10 AA33"

Hope this helps Rick with your 1992 F40.

Rob

2. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    Rob,
    I can't find the info I sent you, But it sounds like I have stock chipsin tha car now. So, Why so rich??

Rick

3. rexrcr

rexrcr Formula 3

Nov 27, 2002
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Full Name:
    Rob Schermerhorn
    You probably have the OEM chips, look for the '89002A' printed from the chip manufacturer. An aftermarket chip (rich, high-boost tune) will probably be different.

As for plastic or brass valve, I'm talking about the one (not two) in the line between the intake plenum and the wastegate. This is a duty cycle valve with an electrical plug on it, bolted to the right side shock tower. It's ECU controlled, bleeds manifold pressure in a controlled, pre-programmed way to enhance midrange torque and ensure manageable high-rpm boost. It's function is described in the WSM.

This is not to be confused with the air recirculation valves which are solely controlled by manifold pressure, no electrical connection, and are the source of the "woooosh!" sound everyone loves about F40's.

Typically, this solenoid is replaced by hot-rod chip manufacturers to facilitate a simple method of increasing boost. And in the case of F40's I've driven/seen/worked on, the aftermarket part is usually brass.

There are much better (safer) ways of increasing boost, big topic.

If you do indeed have the original OEM chip set, I'd look at fuel pressure and also check to see if the injectors are original. Clean and flow test, I have the OE specifications in my notes (not with me.)

Best regards,

Rob Schermerhorn