Merger coming - what would you do?? | FerrariChat

Merger coming - what would you do??

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Il'inglese, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Il'inglese

Il'inglese Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Hey Guys - I know this is a little bit off-topic, but I wanted to keep it local.
    Things are not looking that good at work. They have just announced a merger and I may be out on my as$ in the new year. Just as well, I could never afford the 512BB working here..
    The question is (and I respect you guys opinions, most of you have done very well), what would you do if you were looking for a new job/career in 2004??
    I have experience in int'l trade, sales, use some math, and (funny enough) the Japanese language. I dont mind business travel, nor hard work.. Old enough to have some real experience, young enough to make a change.
    Any ideas?
    Thanks, Bill

2. robiferretti

robiferretti F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    NYC area
    Full Name:
    rob ferretti
    lot of money in illegal drugs and garbage :)

3. Il'inglese

Il'inglese Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Garbage ain't what it used to be since BFI & Waste Management have come to town...

4. TTG

TTG Formula 3

Jun 11, 2002
    East Hanover, NJ
    Full Name:
    Todd Gieger
    set your destiny....go into sales

5. Dutchman

Dutchman F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 4, 2002
    EU
    Full Name:
    Ton
    Forget about the Ferrari. Get your life (and wife/girl/family) back on the track. Choose wise!
    Start thinking about the Ferrari again after all the dark clouds have disappeared.

prioritize!

just my € 0.02c

T

6. tjacoby

tjacoby F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Vancouver Canada
    Full Name:
    tj
    I was fired once, I was too darn proud to quit in a lousy situation that was getting worse and worse. In 48 hours I had a small contract at less than market rates (more than enough to live on though), and ten years later it's grown into a successful business. It's been a great ride, and keeps getting better. I love taking on the big national companies and winning. he he he. In the end, there's no revenge quite like success!

I'm also looking at 512BBi's, but looking at Canadian cars first.

7. RXMR7

RXMR7 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Marc
    I can relate i am going through the same thing right now. Keep a positive attitude and things will change for the better.

8. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Bill, do you speak spanish by any chance?

9. Il'inglese

Il'inglese Karting

Dec 6, 2003
    Only that which I picked up working at the fishmarket the last time I was looking for work! Not the kind of vocabulary you want to use in business.. Thanks for asking.

Should have studied Chinese - the land of Nippon has been in a 10 year slump.

10. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    If getting fired in inevitable, why not volunteer to have you position eliminated, but then ask them either:

a) to relocate you to a different group, or
    b) severance pay...which could be a lot more before they ear-mark a specific amount for those who will be affected.