Help I'm Blind, need help from computer guys to see pics | FerrariChat

Help I'm Blind, need help from computer guys to see pics

Discussion in 'Technology' started by WILLIAM H, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have an iMac with OSX9, All I get on Fchat now instead of thumbnails are little drawings with green red & blue symbols, when I click on it it tells me I cant view it, I'll post exactly what it says. Can some1 Please help me find a cure for my Mcitis ? Thanks

2. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Click on User CP, then go to options, make sure in the thread view options section images is checked.

3. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks Bob, Images is checked but I still cant see pics

4. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    What browser are you using? I'm using Macs also, one running OS 8.6 and Netscape 4.5, and OSX and Safari, can view with either

5. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    I have Explorer, thats as much as I know :)

6. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    Are you running OSX or 9.?, you can check by going to the Apple menu and click on About this Mac ( or it may say Computer ). If you are running OSX 10.2 or higher go to the Apple web site and download Safari. If you are running 9.? check the version by highlighting the icon for Explorer,go to the file menu, drop down to get info and click general. If the version is below 4.5 go to the MS site and get the newest version for your OS.

( if you would like to email me on this feel free to do so )

[email protected]

7. WILLIAM H

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    Thanks for the help Bob, I'll give that a try soon
    :)

8. DropGems

DropGems Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Atlantic City, NJ
    I'm on Mac OSX and using Explorer 5.2. I can't get images to come up. Any suggestions for this? I checked and made sure that images were clicked off in my user cp options.

9. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
    I'm running OSX also, just tried IE 5.2 and it will not display the images, normally I use Safari, I suggest you go to Apple's site and download Safari, as an added bonus it is a LOT faster than IE on Fchat

10. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    Fchat formula for success:

10.x - Use Safari

9.x and below - Use Netscape Communicator (4.x)

(and for that matter,
    IRIX 6.5.x - Use Communicator or Mozilla on your SGI Octane :)

IE licks balls.

Best!
    Ben.

11. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    I just PM'd Rob about this as I'm having the same problem, then I found this thread - sorry Rob.

I'm on the latest version of OS X (not Panther though) and have both IE and Safari's latest versions. I've been finding that with Safari, when I respond on F-chat, it will register, but for some reason I won't be able to see the updates. If checking back on a thread I responded to, it can get confusing. IE doesn't have this problem, so I've been using it to post in F-chat. I'll check again on Safari to see if I can view pics in threads with it, but if memory serves, I couldn't.

IE is no longer going to make new versions for Mac as Safari has come on strong, so there's no reason to continue. I'll share any further knowledge I discover as it would be nice to view photos and know what everyone is talking about! :)

Cheers,
    ~C

12. Entelechy

Entelechy Formula Junior

May 19, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Chris Cummings
    Ben and Bob (and Rob),

You're right, I can view pics with Safari - now I just have to deal with the other problem of "refresh?"

Maybe I should trash Safari and download anew? What do you think?

Thanks,
    ~C