Rebuilt oil cooler lines for 308 | FerrariChat

Rebuilt oil cooler lines for 308

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Doc, Dec 24, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Just to pass on some $$-saving info--I just had my oil cooler lines rebuilt with steel-braided lines attached to my original fittings. I paid $68.20 for both lines and had them back w/i 24 hrs. I had this done at Shako Inc., 190 Old Loudon Rd., Latham, NY 12110; phone#: 518-783-8597. A tad cheaper than the originals to be sure! I could have had them done in rubber to match the stock lines, but i like the look of steel-braid.

2. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    i was looking to get my done this is good info i will give them a call. do they have a web site!!!

3. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Ria--I don't think that they do any website. They've been around for years and all of the local car guys use their services.

4. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    OK THANKS FOR THE INFO.

5. BigAl

BigAl F1 Veteran

Mar 17, 2002
    TX
    Full Name:
    GSgt Hartman
    Thanks for the post Doc. I know the lines can be a problem area and its great to have a source for replacement.

6. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    Forget about this deal guys. I just had one of my new oil lines burst after 5 min of running the car. I now have 8 qts of all all over my entire engine, garage floor, etc. What a freakin' mess!!! I only pray that I haven't saturated the clutch or ruined any electrics. I'll now spend days painstakingly trying to clean the oil out of every corner of the engine and need to search for oil lines again.

I'll be starting a new thread about this too, just to be sure you guys get the message.

7. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    and i was goin to call this plase that you did the oil cooler lines sorry that this happen to you. anybody know the oil p.s.i in the oil cooler lines ,!!!!!!

8. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    ria the oil pressure in the lines is no greater then what is in the system. So worse case this is 85-100psi which is low pressure in the hyd. world. I believe that the problem here was eith a bad fitting or a poor job in assembling the hose.