Good roads NC, North Ga? | FerrariChat

Good roads NC, North Ga?

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by yesod, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hi all, my parents have a home in near murphy NC. I am thinking about taking my P_car up from Florida. Any suggestions for good driving roads?
    Any input would be appreciated

2. Tennlee

Tennlee Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2002
    Great Smoky Mountains
    The Dragon...

www.tailofthedragon.com

US129 crossing the Smoky Mountains. 11 miles, 316 curves, and its a national forest, so no buildings or intersections, and its pretty. Just avoid weekends in the summer, when the bikers are covering it.

3. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith

Thanks for the info. I will definetley have to hit the dragon.

4. Speed

Speed Rookie

Jan 5, 2004
    Peachtree City, GA
    Full Name:
    Glen Berry
    [US129 crossing the Smoky Mountains. 11 miles, 316 curves, and its a national forest, so no buildings or intersections, and its pretty. Just avoid weekends in the summer, when the bikers are covering it.[/QUOTE]

I love this road, make trips from south atlanta just for US 129. I used to be one of those bikes in the summer. Any worries of wild life though? I've had a bad run in with a deer south of Atlanta.

5. Reynard38

Reynard38 Rookie

Jan 11, 2004
    Marietta, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Mark C. Ritter
    Though the "tail" is a great road you can combine it with the Cherahola Skyway. This road runs from Telico Plains TN to Robbinsville NC. Very different character than the tail as it is 45 to 80 mph sweepers. It runs along the ridge tops and offers great views. Tops out at @ 6000'. VERY little traffic and eastbound only 1 decreasing radius curve just after you cross the state line.
    Also be sure to leave time to eat at Cardins BBQ in Telico plains. Overlooks the Telico River and GREAT BBQ.

6. dinodude

dinodude Rookie

Jan 19, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Glenn Stephens
    GA SR-180, GA SR-19, GA SR-356, are excellent roads north of Atlanta up through the North Georgia mountains toward Murphy. All the roads around Highlands, NC are primo after you get a little out of town.

Enjoy.

7. yesod

yesod Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Lakeland,fl
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks everyone. I hope to get up sometime this spring.