Testarossa Windows go slooow!! | FerrariChat

Testarossa Windows go slooow!!

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by APA#1, Nov 5, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Any thoughts on how to get the testarossa windows to go up faster. Tried some sailkote and others. Short of dissasembly!

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    MY 88.5 GO SLOW..TOO ..NATURE OF THE BEAST...DONT WORRY ABOUT IT....ENJOY IT

BRUCE

3. ria

ria Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    ohio
    Full Name:
    phill
    bruse you may have to take it apart to do this right. on my 308 i did just that + i put a no # 10 gage wire from the switch all the way to the window motors. frist try to clean it + lube.

4. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    Mine are slow as well it is just the way they are. Gives you more time to listen to that wonderful motor. They remind me of the 308gt4 I had I learnt to live with it.Tony

5. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Soooo, what's the problem???

Does the speed of our windows have a direct correlation to the speed of our cars? :)

6. plip

plip Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Gianni Olivieri
    Hi,

on mine they are very slooooowwwww as well. Don't worry ba happy

7. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    While it seems the windows in these cars are generally slow, I was able to improve mine immensely ( '85 308) by cleaning all of the electrical connections between the switch and the motor and by lubing all of the cables/ pulleys in the door. My window actually got so slow that half the time it would go all the way up w/o a manual assist. Since doing this, it works like new, belive it or not. In addition to cleaning the connectors, I applied Stabilant-22 to them as well, which is supposed to improve the flow of electrical conductivity. Since i did all of these things at obce, I can't say whether one thing did the trick or if it was the combination. However, it worked extremely well. Good luck!

8. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    Thanks for the replies. I would (ideally) like them to work properly and didn't want to dissassemble the doors but if it's what it takes ;-(

9. khayes

khayes Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Kelly Hayes
    Both of mine were slow. The passenger side was rebuilt and it is now fast. The driver's side is still slow. I will have it rebuilt when it gets slower. It's only half the speed of the fast one now. All it takes is money.

10. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    ... money or some of your time. Search the archived messages from the old board and you will find instructions to do the work yourselves. The old grease turns to cement over time and bind the motors.

11. Doc

Doc Formula Junior

Sep 13, 2001
    Latham, New York
    Full Name:
    Bill Van Dyne
    4Yacht--before you dissemble anything, just clean the electrical connectors at the switch and the main connectors before they enter the door. Sometimes that alone can help. If it doesn't, you may then need to remove your door panel to get at the connectors close to the window motor. In case I wasn't clear in my first reply, I didn't have to dissemble my motor or remove the cables. I just lubed each pulley and cable length with spray lithium gease . It worked wonders. It may not last forever, but for now it works great.