TR Throttle response | FerrariChat

TR Throttle response

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by stevetr, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stevetr

stevetr Formula Junior

Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    Stephen
    When I blip the throttle on my TR, the revs rise instantly but fall more slowly than I would like... the effect is to make the engine feel less responsive.

I believe that the revs on overrun are controlled by a vacuum system with a diaphragm linked to each intake manifold. The diaphragms have a screw adjust. Has anyone encountered the same 'problem' and successfully adjusted the diaphragms?

Steve

2. manu

manu Formula Junior

Feb 20, 2002
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Manu
    Give Karl at Verdi a call - 0208 756 0066. He's pretty good - he'll explain how to set up the sticking engine revs.

3. Dale

Dale F1 Veteran

Oct 7, 2003
    uk
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Steve your ke jetronic systems x-2 of course,are for some reason out of sync,there are some basic checks you can do yourself at home,eg-
    sensor plate centering,aux valve is it open cold and closed hot pull off the hoses x-4 check with mirror,they are two simple things you can do oneself,i dont think you will get a fix steve by turning the air bleed screws,take it in if your not sure may have a fuel pressure prob,air leak or just need a good setting up,
    ps was the black mastic any good i posted for you
    Dale.

4. APA#1

APA#1 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Central Florida
    When I had the Porsches it was the de-accell vavle that controlled the throttle return speed. This was done for emission control more than anything. All we used to do was block the vac line going to it. As soon as it was blocked it would fall back immediately. On the Porsche it looked like a pancake with 2 large hoses and one vac line.