FerrariChat.com Members Only Rossa Corsa Forum... | Page 4 | FerrariChat

FerrariChat.com Members Only Rossa Corsa Forum...

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by rob lay, Dec 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

FerrariChat.com Members Only Rossa Corsa Forum requirements?

1. Own a Ferrari.

2. User for at least one year.

3. Voted on by current members.

4. $15 a year.

5. Approved by Rob.

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree with the more moderating needed.

2. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    There is something wonderful about enthusiasts, some of which have had better knowledge of my 550 than I did, but there are somethings that can not be replaced by ownership and frequent use.

I am a sideline guy now without a 550, so I would vote myself out.

Let's schedule a live chat to hash it out! ;) LOL

3. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Rob,

I think you've done a great job here and wouldn't change a thing. Whatever happens, I think that you should have the final say. If it is changed one way...it'll piss off some people, if it is changed another way...it'll piss off others. It has grown so big because people like it. Some people like to speak their minds and so do I. I just don't understand why some can't just skip threads that they aren't interested in, it's not that hard. Can't we all just get along.

And as Ricky Nelson sang..."you can't please everyone, so you got to please yourself".

4. JMJ575M

JMJ575M Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2002
    Chain of Lakes Regio
    Full Name:
    J Michael Jordan
    Rob, I've read everything said so far, and I'll go with Hanknum.

I'd thought about saying those very things, and if I didn't procrastinate so much, I would've said it first. I just skip the theards that aren't worth my time. What can be so hard about that? Why have a moderator do what you can do for your self? You always see who started each thread, if you think that persons a troll just skip it.

I would like to go on record that I do feel FerrariChat would be worth a fee, should it come to that.

JMJ

5. nerd

nerd F1 Rookie

Oct 12, 2003
    Coronado, CA
    Full Name:
    RSK
    Rob,

Much like a business, the health of a car club, or a discussion board, depends on the leadership making the hard decisions that are often unpopular but necessary. Our Northern California Shelby Club grew explosively during the 1980’s and 90’s. In particular, the Open Track Executive Council who ran our events at Sears Point, Laguna Seca, Thunderhill, etc., made very hard decisions (rules to ban unsafe drivers, hotheads, etc.) to ensure the safety and fun of a majority of the club members. Rob, you have my support to do what is necessary in your judgment to ensure the fun and enjoyment of the majority of FC members. You will also have my financial support if asked.

Best regards,

Roy

6. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    MO:
    Against ownership requirement. I found this site before I had an f car. Was great for research. The rest don't work for the same reason. Trolls are unlikely to pay. Try payment first.

7. hps

hps Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Canada
    Hi All,

I am also a new boy, and though I don't post a great deal, I lurk like mad. I post when I feel I have somethig to offer, or if I can help with a question. Would I pay for this site ? $15 would be fine, but that should be the only requirement, and I feel you may lose some people, but then again, so be it.
    As far as trolls go, ...if the thread is stupid....ignore it.......when a "troll" does not get the attention he/she so obviously craves, they will go away. New ones will surface, but ladies and gentleman, welcome to the interrnet !!

Ownership ? Not a good idea. Let's face it, Ferrari ownership is beyond the means of most people, but given the circumstances, most of us would buy one in heartbeat. Why limit the site to those who can afford ? If you walked into a Ferrari dealership, and were treated like crap because you did not pull up in your 360, how would that make you feel ? Would they discourage you from looking, taking pictures ? It is this openness that makes a future owner !!!
    If Ferrarichat.com helps people learn more about Ferrari, and motivates someone to work towards the dream of owning one , is that a bad thing ?

So, my two cents.......charge the $15 if you have to , but otherwise, leave it alone. I like Brian C. Stradale's idea.....let the $15 pay for the priviledge of posting....but let others look all thay want. That way, nobody gets hurt.

Thanks for indulging me....hope I wasn't too much of a fence-sitter. !!!

Cheers !!

hps