Need fuse for fuel pump, part number? | FerrariChat

Need fuse for fuel pump, part number?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by jimpo1, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    My car is dead as discussed in this thread:

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4687

I'm going to check the fuses this afternoon and thought I might stop at the local auto parts store before I go and buy a couple of new fuses just in case. I don't have my owners manual or any of my books on the car with me, they're all in the car. Can somebody tell my which fuse to buy for the fuel pump?

2. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    Don't know if the 328 is the same as a 308 but, the 308 uses a 16 amp torpedo fuse. Also check the fuel pump relay.

If you have a complete toolkit, there should be spare fuses in it.

3. DGS

DGS Six Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

May 27, 2003
    MidTN
    Full Name:
    DGS
    The 328 uses standard "blade type" fuses, as seen in most cars of the era. You can get assortment packs at Radio Shack -- or, for that matter, the local convenience store carries them, too.

4. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    There are 3 common types of blade fuse. I know them as mini, midi and maxi. You need the midi, which is the most common of all.

I think 15amp is the size, but you'll need to check. To get the car going, you can pinch the fuse from somewhere else, like AC or fog lamps etc. Same deal applies if it's a relay, just check for compatability.

Next thing is to work out why it blew, very rarely is it "just because", there'll be a reason...maybe you've run it low on fuel too may times, or maybe the pump is on it's last legs (noisy?). Maybe there's a wiring problem somewhere, or an immobiliser is having a meltdown?

Either way, get at least 2 new fuses! and get it checked out ASAP.