Factory sports/racing seats-- pros & cons | FerrariChat

Factory sports/racing seats-- pros & cons

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Cavallini, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Tifosi, although the sports/racing seats from the factory certainly look more striking than the regular or Daytona seats, esp. for Maranellos and Modenas, how do they feel on the streets, over long distances and many hours etc?

Many thanks,

JPR

2. labcars

labcars Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 22, 2003
    Phila. + Scottsdale
    I've got them in my '01 550 and once properly adjusted (boy, I wish they had power adjustments) they are INCREDIBLY comfortable and supportive over longer distances. Other than my griping about power adjustments, they are far better, to me, than the daytona seats. Just my $.02.

3. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    Just out of curisouty, what is the normal associated cost with factory sport seats?

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    On the 360, the leather sport seat option is $4000.

Gary

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    $4000, well worth it. Looks so much better and you will enjoy the track days a lot better.

6. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman
    For $4000, I would purchase them. They are about 50 pounds lighter then stock, provide excellent support and look very sporty :)

7. Tenney

Tenney F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2001
    550 seat offers a bit more cushion. Would be my pick in either car.

8. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have a 348 Challenge with Serie Specialle CF Sport Seats. They offer great lateral support but I really would like to see more lumbar support for those long drives....but I wouldn't trade 'em for the stock seats.