Ferrari 308 vs Pantera Video | FerrariChat

Ferrari 308 vs Pantera Video

Discussion in '308/328' started by allanlambo, Jan 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
  2. bert308

bert308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 30, 2002
    Roermond Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Bert Kanters
    Sound only with me, it says I need more software that is not available on the quicktime website ???

3. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Don't bother Bert, just another trolling expedition.

4. shmark

shmark F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Very cool video though. The Ferrari sounds awesome. The Pantera gets the launch and creams the 308 in the first 60ft, but the Ferrari is gaining at the end.

Mark

5. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The ferrari does sound great.It didn't seem like he got to good of start there either.I don't think you would see to many 308's drag racing so it was interesting to see.

6. Dave

Dave F1 Rookie

Apr 15, 2001
    Little Rock
    Full Name:
    David Jones
    At 13.73 @101mph and 14.19 @ 104mph I'd say that neither car was all that fast.
    In fact my wife's daily driver would destroy both cars.
    But the thing that gets me about this video besides it being a crappy amateurish hand held shaky cam shot, is that it is SO SMALL....
    C'mon Allan, if you are going to post Ferraris getting spanked by
    .46 seconds at least find videos big enough that my old eyes can see

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Poor Birdman, too stupid to see.

This video has significance, as someone went through some work to modify the Fcar, as even though it is still slow, it is running through the 1/4 approx 15mph FASTER than a stock 308QV. That takes some serious work, not just a tubi exhaust change.

The video is also meant to show, that even though the Pantera beat the Ferrari in the 1/4, the Ferrari is the quicker car. Take the Panteras off the line lead away, and from a rolling start, due to the Fcars higher mph, the Fcar would walk the Pantera.

8. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Poor Allan, too stupid to see any luck treating his own Inferiority Complex.

9. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Poor Wax, not only blind, but stupid. Oh hey, nice Saab!

10. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ
    Consultant Professional Ferrari Technician

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Allen..I agree with you..just look at the final trap speeds. 104 for the F-car and 101 for the Pentara. The Ferrari would walk the Pentara from a rolling start say at 50 mph. But I can't imagine the amount of money the spent to get that kind of time. Does it say what was done to the 308 for upgrades were you found this vid? Maybe a Turbo or something? Norwood car perhaps?

Tom

11. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    No, i just found it on a random site. No other info.

12. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Poor Allan, not only blind, but stupid. Oh hey, reply button is to the lower left!
    No need to do parrot imitations by quoting a comment immediately preceding yours.
    The "Oh hey, nice Saab!" Freudian slip is proof of your Inferiority Complex.

You have yet to learn what happens when you imply that an individual or group and/or their car(s) are lesser than you and/or your car(s). Your fear of being viewed as Inferior is outweighed only by your narcissism. In essence, you view yourself as a Dandy Lion, but in actuality, are nothing more than a Dandelion - Taraxacum officinale.

The name of the genus, Taraxacum, is derived from the Greek taraxo ("I have excited" or "caused") and achos (pain), in allusion to the medicinal effects of the plant.
    Officinale is available loosely and need not be prescribed.
    In short, you try to cause pain, albeit, rather loosely. Easy solution: Don't insult others. Fact of the matter after all is said and done is, as human beings - not a soul in F-Chat is inferior to you - your daily life also has you surrounded by those who are your true moral superior. In your case, you lash out like a lion, but succeed only in spreading the seeds of your own discontent. You might know your horsepower, but you don't know you're knee-deep in your own horsesh!t.

Note how often I use the term "you" - because it's all about blind, stupid, narcissistic Allan.

13. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom

Ummm...I think you have his post all wrong. He was showing that the 308 is indeed the faster car. Look at the trap speeds. Just because the 308 finished second does not mean it's a dog. The 308 is faster then the Pentara. Just not as quick out of the hole. The Pentara is a ford 351 V8 I thinks it's like 5.8 liters or something Lots of bottom end power...but what Allen is talking about is the output of the Ferrari at higher RPM's. The Ferrari continues to pull strongly through the 1/4 mile were as the Pentara runs out of steam due to the less rpms the engine spins. I don't beleive for on second he was trying to start another thread bashing Ferrari's. In this instance I think he was complimenting them.

It also shows that the 308 can be made into a pretty quick little machine with some money and proper tuneing. Don't for get the 308 is a little tiny 3.0l V8 engine with from the factory a low hp output.

14. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Read first line of post #7.
    At every opportunity, Allan bashes users of this board with snide comments.
    Since that's the case, every time he does, I bash him with the truth.

15. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Maybe then you should take your eyes out of your a$$, and read thread 3.

16. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    (Yawn) Saw it already, trollambo (/Yawn)
    Once again, you've put the id in idiot.

17. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #17 allanlambo, Jan 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. wax

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    There you go again, not a care in the world other than self-gratification.

Only something on my face is beard stubble which is tougher than your words.

19. tbakowsky

tbakowsky F1 World Champ

Sep 18, 2002
    The Cold North
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Geez you guys will you cut it out? Man you think we were in grade 8 again. Wax if you don't like what Allen has to say why do you respond? Show him your a better man then he is.
    Allen I don't have a problem with your posts at all. In fact i look forward to them. But the personal attacks do go over the line sometimes.

It seems to me the general agreement around this site is to only post positive remarks about Ferrari's. God forbid somebody comming on here that is not blined by the Ferrari name and rapidly fadeing history. I l ove Ferrari but I ain't stupid either.

20. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    My kinda guy. I dont really take anything here serious. If i met Wax, id buy him a beer, maybe a new SAAb.

21. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    hey my pantera was as fast as a striped ass ape, it was FAST, f40 fast. too bad my broadband is off today otherwise i would have loved to have seen that vid...

22. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    What did you have done to your Pantera. Ive seen some wicked custom jobs.

23. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    i had heard of a a 460 stroked to 540, larger turbos, big intercooler, cobra heads, 2 holley 1150 dominators.

i only did bigger turbos, fi conversion, stroked the 351 to 402 and a little nos bottle

24. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard
    Full Name:
    The Bad Guy
    Nice post Allen. But I do have to agree that it was too small and dark. It would have been nice to see the times on the board as they crossed the finish line.