Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!! | FerrariChat

Here we are!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Bob308GTS, Oct 31, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bob308GTS

Bob308GTS Formula 3

Sep 26, 2001
    Aurora,IL
    Full Name:
    Bob Campen
  2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Bob wins Chicago's 1st, but I got overall 1st. Probably the only "Ferrari contest" I'll ever win...

3. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Ok... I'm here...... Now what ????

Let me try attaching something, maybe a picture of my car ???

4. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I am a technologically challenged guy,with a new name. Hint... My 6 year old boy has come to some of our Ferrari drives and events.

5. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I drove "the other" Red 308 on last weeks Lakefront drive...

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This is really going to take some getting used to!

7. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    JUST when I was gettin' good on the other site...Oh well...old dog needs to learn some new tricks!

8. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Andreas. You did get the first National post! Well deserved,my friend. Same with you,Bob,as the first poster on the Chicago site! To be FRANK with you...which I am...(hint,hint) I liked the old site better. But,as with all change...It's usually always for the better! (I think?)

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,as technologically challenged that I am. I am able to figure this out...somewhat. I hope that Skip will be O.K. with this! Guess it will just take a little time! It's alot similar to the FCA chat site.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Frank, you'll get the hang of it eventually. I agree lots of stuff to confuse one. But I do like the smiley faces and the feature to filter out certain members. I have already a few names for that list...

BTW: I'm not just the first poster nationally, but freakin' globally! First ever on this new forum. I printed a screen shot out and put that into my collection. Yes, I'm an FChat addict and like it!

11. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I'm worried about Skip. He's just as T.C. as I am!

12. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Poor DES. An average of 30 posts a day,EVERY DAY,to get to where he was. HeeHeeHee!

13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually I'm bothered by that too. "Worked" hard to get to F1 veteran and was already looking forward to F1 Champion in about a year's time. Now we're all back to square one. But there is hope: Rob mentioned he'll get our post counters back. You think a Rolex or a Ferrari is a status symbol? Ha! Try F1 World Champion on FChat! :cool:

...Andreas needs a life.

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I hear ya,there! Being in my current,disabled state,I have WAY too much time on my hands! Thats why I wanted to get another car as a project,or something. Keep me busy,and away from just sitting at the 'puter all day! Next year,hopefully after some successful surgery on my back. I can look into starting business #3.

15. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    This forum is not as warm,welcoming and user friendly as the old one. It could be too intimidating for some,I think. Way too busy. Too much going on all over the page. Not a "simple" chat site anymore! But,if there's no alternative. I guess I just have to deal with it. Andreas, Can you still post the pictures from last weeks drive and the calender on this?

16. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Welcome boys! I guess this will take some getting used to, but ultimately it's for the greater good, right? Don't fear change. Although personally I could do without most of this crap.

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I feel the same way Jack, but I bet the old software has reached its limits and Rob had to move on. He has so many new things in planning, that I can't but cheer the guy on. We'll learn the ropes eventually.

BTW: Just changed in my User CP ->Options the sequence in which the threads appear and things look a lot more 'normal' now.

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    IMHO...Way too busy. Too much crap all over the screen I think that they should've left it as it was,and simply added any new features. The other forum looked exactly what it was. A "chat" site. And,the responses took up most of the page. Now,the page is too cluttered and you have to pick through to see the posts. Oh well,it's not for me to say...

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    I agree Frank, but that's how it goes with new software always more features than you want. Not knowing the story I'm just guessing, that Rob had to get some new software that runs with XP, is virus and hacking safe, supports IE etc. When you're in that business you sometimes have to upgrade whether you want or not. And the new product will always have more whizzles and bells.

20. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    I did the same thing--newest posts on top--and I'm amazed at the calming effects it has had. I also went with a red and grey color combo. Very soothing.

I'm still having a tough time getting used to your new name, though.

21. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Actually my nick name always was tifosi12 (read as either the tifosi won as well or as the tifosi came in with a 1-2 victory). It's just that people refer to me more by my given name. But Rob promised to bring back the full user names so it is only a matter of time.
    The only new name around here is that red81gts. FRANKly I don't know who that is...

22. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky

23. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yeah,I just changed my name because I wanted it to reflect more about my car than myself. And,this just seemed like an opportune time to do it. But,I'm still the same old "politically incorrect" bastard that I always was.(HeeHeeHee! :) )...But,nicer!

24. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Skip! You made it! I figured that you would,as,you are less "Technologically Challenged" than I am!

25. Darolls

Darolls F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2003
    Full Name:
    Sparky
    I did, but somehow I posted somebody else's message???

How I even got a post out, I don't know???

If this one makes it, then I'll be impressed with myself! And it only took me an hour to do it!!! :)