What do you use to restore the leather ? | FerrariChat

What do you use to restore the leather ?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by peajay, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. peajay

peajay Formula Junior

Apr 17, 2002
    near Paris, France
    Full Name:
    Paul
    #1 peajay, Jan 4, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Lots of dicussion on the US side about using the Leatherique products to clean restore and re-colour the seats etc. I have seen a product called Liquid Leather advertised in the UK magazines. It sounds exactly the same as the stuff used in the USA. Anybody have any experience with this product ? What are you using ? Anyone tried bringing back the colour ? My tan seats are OK but a little cracking on the drivers side leads me to thinking about using the Liquid Leather colour wash to treat this.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. andrewg

andrewg F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Sep 10, 2002
    Chester, England
    Full Name:
    AndrewG
    I've used croftgate leathercare with fantastic results, www.croftgate.com,

As with alot of people they will match the colour to your leather (just send them a small sample) or they can match off the connoly code

no affiliation just a very satisifed customer

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    be sure to check out board sponsor http://www.leatherique.com/ and check the archives for before-and-after snaps using their products.

doody.

4. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I use Liquid leather on my cars http://www.liquidleather.com though I'm not sure it's the same as leatherique. Their colour restorer is 'Scuff Master' and definitely works, though the trick is getting an exact colour match. You have to mix the colour yourself, starting with what you think is too pale, and working darker in successive coats. The instructions come with it.

For maintenance I use GT11 conditioner and GT12 cleaner. In fact, from the photo, I suspect you would find just using the cleaner would improve things quite markedly, since it gets rid of ingrained dirt and makes any cracks far less visible.

Kevin

PS They have quite possibly the worst telephone manner I've ever come across, so it's best to order over the internet!