Production Pontiac Solstice | FerrariChat

Production Pontiac Solstice

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by aawil, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Finally some production ready pics.Should be unveiled tomorrow and hopefully some more info on it.It's very close to the concept except for the larger headlights.Overall I love the curves of this car.Only bad thing is the supersharged version won't come out first from what i've read.I wouldn't mind having one.

2. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  3. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    The rest of the photo's are on this website.You'll need to navigate a little to get to the photo album.I just thought to save Rob the bandwidth.

http://www.autoweek.nl/

4. Jordan Ross

Jordan Ross Formula Junior

Nov 4, 2003
    Austin
    Looks really good, the forced induction version will give those Zcars a run for their money!
    Heres an interesting thought: If youve heard of the upcoming Chevy Nomad (think Mini Cooper meets 612 Scagletti) and its purpose (PT Cruiser/ Mini fighter) then this chassis makes a sound start.

An Estate version of this would look cool too.

5. Greg G

Greg G F1 Rookie

Finally something from the General that I actually like - and it wasnt "watered down" going from concept to production. The second pic makes me think of BMW Z8.

6. Mojo

Mojo Formula 3

Sep 24, 2002
    Washington St.
    Full Name:
    Joseph
    Wow thats a Pontiac? Not bad :)

7. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    What car is it based on? I think it was an Opel but I'm not sure.

8. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
  9. aawil

aawil Formula 3

Aug 10, 2002
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Just got done watching the introduction live.Lutz said they still intend to build this car for under $20,000.I figured it would end up more than that.Impossible to beat for the money.I'd still rather wait for the supercharged version though unless the base one puts up decent numbers.

10. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I just read in C/D that it's a new platform (as Aawil said), but that Vauxhall et al will make different roadsters from it.

11. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Oh ok. didnt know that, thanks