Cleaning Crema leather | FerrariChat

Cleaning Crema leather

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by propaganda, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. propaganda

propaganda Rookie

Oct 1, 2003
    Anyone have any tips on the best way to clean and maintain crema leather so that it has that factory matt finish rather than a shiny patina. Any tips welcome.

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    i'd love to hear george's opinion on this.

most cleaning and treatment products make the leather (regardless of color) "shiny".

i'm not a big fan of "shiny" so i'd love to hear other suggestions!

doody.

3. 355f

355f Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Ive tried many of the products on the market and find zymol cleaner then zymol treat offers the best of all worlds, no wax buildup and no shiny surface!

4. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    Yes I agree that Zymol Leather Treat is the best option for conditioner. The triick to not making items shinny with any product is to apply the product and then buff the area around 20-30 minutes later. This removes all the excess product that leaves a shine and allows enough time to let the product to saturate into the material.

5. ze_shark

ze_shark Formula 3

Jul 13, 2003
    Switzerland (NW)
    After spending 4 days doing my entire (crema) interior, I can only recommend Leatherique, this stuff works. The rejuvinator is to be considered on an annual or bi-annual basis while Prestine Clean does a great job for periodic cleaning and nourishing. The leather gets matt/satin, soft and clean.
    Have not tested anything else except these crappy milkish things sold in Autoshops.

Check-out http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4510

6. LRPMAN

LRPMAN Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Aiken S.C. & FL.
    Full Name:
    George Pavlisko
    My take of course is our Products. We pride ourself in not adding any SHINERS to your leather. If you WANT a high shine, try vinyl, only kidding. In 2004 we will be rolling out a BUFFING finish for the leather for the folks THAT MUST HAVE A SHINE. it will be leather safe and user friendly. R&D is about at 80% now.
    Take Care
    George P.

7. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    I have crema leather in my 78 308 gts euro. creamy indeed. i use the leatherique 2 stage system. the second stage leaves the leather dull but very clean.......