Ferrari vs Pantera | FerrariChat

Ferrari vs Pantera

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by mr. green, Nov 6, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    I was speaking to a friend of mine last night. He told me he wants to buy a highly modified Pantera for 65k. I told him for that kind of money
    he could buy a Testarossa, 348 Spider, possibly a 355 coupe. He said that the F-cars are still depreciating where as the Pantera is not. I told him that might be true but how many people would be in the market for a 65k Pantera. I also told him the the F-car market is alot more liquid
    if you need to sell.

2. ronsupercar

ronsupercar Formula 3

May 2, 2002
    Orlando Fla.
    Full Name:
    4RE-Ron
    The prices between the makes may be similar but the maintance is what hurts..

American V8 may be easier to handle..

3. F355Bob

F355Bob Formula 3

I had a highly modified Pantera for 18 yrears then went to a Viper coupe, Testarossand and now a F355. The Pantera was much like a kit car. Terrible interior and poor body fit. The car had 490 rear wheel horse power and modified suspension and brakes, but it didn't compare to a TR of F355 in quality and fit and finish. Body flexes alot on modified Panteras also. I had $60,000 of custom performance mods on the Pantera and it took me a long time to sell it for $40,000.

4. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    #4 allanlambo, Nov 6, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yes, most Panteras ive looked at are rather kit car like.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. F328 BobD

F328 BobD Formula 3

Mar 17, 2001
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    BobD
    Fun car but $65K for any Pantera is nuts.

6. WILLIAM H

WILLIAM H Three Time F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Victory Circle
    Full Name:
    HUBBSTER
    a GT5S is very nice but to make a Pantera really act like a Ferrari you have to spend close to $100k & the car wont be worth half that. Besdies, old parts are old parts & Panteras are OLD

7. norm

norm Karting

May 30, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    65K for a pantera....for that price it better come with a brief case full of $100's. Nice cars, but not for that price. Had the opportunity for a ride in a early GTS with a V-8 on steroids,an extremely fast ride. For right money, I would buy one, but for that price could easily find multiple Ferraris that would be a better car and better investment.

8. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    as a former P owner, you need to either get the twin turbos ala 75 (850+hp) drop in a 460 stroked to 600ci, or go with the 4.6l northstar engine turboed and reverse cooled, panteras by wilkinson did some work on my tt to 700hp but the car is butt heavy, fish tails like crazy.

tell your bud to go buy a p, and bring 20k to my house, I'll hook him up right to a sweet 900hp off the 351 cleveland. save you a ton of $$$

9. mr. green

mr. green Formula Junior
    BANNED

Oct 31, 2003
    Can the suspension handle 900 horsepower?