Desperately seeking radio, HELP! | FerrariChat

Desperately seeking radio, HELP!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by charliek, Jan 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Hello UK,
    I have been searching for an original radio for my 512 BBi to no avail. Any leads over there? Thanks
    Charlie

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Charlie,
    have you tried Ferrari Uk? There are sponsors on this site . Otherwise, i guess you could try E-Bay , assuming you haven't already.
    Good luck.
    Tony

3. charliek

charliek Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Marlboro, New jersey
    Full Name:
    Charles Krop
    Thanks, I have tried Ferrari UK, they had the equalizer but not the radio. No luck on ebay.

Charlie

4. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Charlie,

Have you done a search on the net?

I remember looking for an original radio for my 73 240Z and there were load of places specializing in old car radios - they were all based in the US as far as I remember.

Did the radio have "Ferrari" on it or what make was it?

Paul

5. simonc

simonc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Herfordshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Simon Campbell
    Don't know about in the US but in the UK the radio would have been fitted by the supplying Ferrari agent according to the customers choice. My 76 BB has a Pioneer and my 77 400 has a Philips Turnlock - both state of teh art intheir day but pretty crappy now. I fitted a Sony CD to the 400 but a) it looked wrong, b) it sounded awful in the car and c) was hardly ever turned on, so I took it out and put it in my daughters Mini.

You need to try and find a top spec radio from the year of your car. I would guess at Pioneer or Blaupunkt (Bluespot) in the US.

6. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    Yes - but who needs a radio with all that engine to listen to!!

(Screened cable for the speakers earthed only at one end will help out with the interference problem! - Ferrite rings as well!)

Paul