1995 Yellow 355 Spider--Bentley Long Island | FerrariChat

1995 Yellow 355 Spider--Bentley Long Island

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by speeder37, Dec 25, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Quick Question--I am looking at a Yellow 355 Spider at Bentley Long Island. Is anyone familiar with this car? Has anyone seen or inquired about this car? I am 900 miles away. I would hate to waste a day looking at a problem. Thanks for your help.
    Merry Christmas

2. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    don't waste your time. most of their f-cars are junks and are leased car which have been beaten to death by the previous owner. i live few miles away from them and would not recomend them.

there is a yellow 355 spider at the local dealer which you probably can get a good deal on. let me know if you have any interest.

3. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Titanium 360, I do have an interest. If you could leave me the particulars, that would be great. The Bentley dealership described the vehicle as immaculate. Never heard that one before.
    Thanks,

4. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Speeder, i live 15 minutes from BoLI; i go there all the time (when they're closed) to check out the cars in the lot and in the window... One of the other chatters here (KRoss) actually owns a Ferrari and a few other things; has nothing but bad things to say about Bently of Long Island; if you're really interested in the car, i'll go down there at your request and check it out, take pictures, make notes, etc., however, by other peoples' suggestions, i would steer clear of them...

Titanium, are you referring to FoLI...? i was just down there a few weeks ago; they always have nice stuff- they even had a yellow 355... i always thought they were priced just a tad too high, though...

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    DES, yes it is the FLI. i was there few weeks ago and they had a 96 355 yellow on black spider with only 8.5K miles on the car. very very clean.

Speeder, just be cautious with Bentley of Long Island. my friends lease cars from him all the time and they beat the sh-t out the cars. believe me there is a reason why his prices are cheap. i know the guys at the FLI well enough to get you a price if you want me to.

You might pay a little more but you get a nice clean and headache free car to enjoy. good luck either way.

6. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, i was there on a Saturday, wearing a silly black and red Santa hat... Sounds like we were there around the same time... Would've been a shame to have been there at the same time and not meet...

7. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    DES, i was there early in the morning looking at a Stradale. I would have known you right away if you were there. who else would have taken all those pics. unless you are a Japanese tourist.

8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL...!

They had a Stradale there...?!? Is it still there...? Where was it...? Certainly not on the floor...? Unless it was without a stripe, then i was duped...!

9. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    they were delivering it that morning.

10. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    speeder, just sent you pm. let me know if you got it.

11. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Gentlemen
    It sounds like I should stay clear of this car. If by chance someone is in the neighborhood and felt like giving it a quick once over, that would be great. Curiosity now has the best of me.
    Thanks to all.
    Happy Holidays!

12. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Next time i'm there (within a day or so), i'll check it out... i'll snap pictures, i'll take notes, i'll pop wheelies, whatever's required...! :)

13. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Nuts...! So someone on the Island has a Stradale...? Do you know the colors...? Does it have a stripe...? i'll be scowering the parkways ISO a Ferrari 360 Challenge Stradale...

14. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    it is the new red and they were just putting on the vinyl stripes on it.

15. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    My lust knows no end... i will find it...

16. cab2u

cab2u Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    NYC
    I have been there many times. They have some really nice cars. Although some may not be mint, they seem to be up front about it. Call and ask for Vinny. I have found him to be pretty forward about any particular car. I have seen the yellow one but did not inspect it. If I go there any time soon, I will take a look.

17. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I have placed a couple of calls to FOLI to discuss their car. They are not good at finding Gianni. Holidays I guess.
    If anyone does happen to see the Bentley Long Island car, please post a recap.
    Thanks,

18. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Gianni is in now and will be back i think sometimes this week. your best bet is to call him on his cellular at the end of the week.

DES, what happened to your inspection and pictures? are you losing your lust?

19. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    okay. let's try it again. Gianni is in Italy . if you want i will go and take pictures for you. let me know.

20. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Unfortunately, my efforts have been hindered and hampered by circumstances beyond my control... i apologize... At the first available chance, i will resume efforts if still required...

21. speeder37

speeder37 Karting

Nov 18, 2003
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Matt
    I will call the dealership and ask for a salesperson on the floor. There is no need to take pictures. The mileage should warrant a very nice car. Thanks for your help. If something works out. I will buy you a cocktail or two if our schedules mesh.

22. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    sounds like a deal to me! the other sales rep there is Demitrio. good luck and let me know how things work out.

23. Autostream

Autostream Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 10, 2003
    EARTH
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I bought my first ferrari from them in 1999. They didnt have the best reputation but they were close (I live 1 mile away) and they GET cars.
    In 98 when internet stocks were shooting through the roof, everyone wanted one including me. Spiders were so hot, you couldnt find any for sale. But Champion (what they were called 2 years ago) were getting them left and right, I had 3 to choose from in 1 month.
    Keep in mind, 80% of their cars are bought at auction and they dont pick the best cars, usually the cheapest ones that need work cuz they have in house body and repair shops.
    I picked a spider with only 9k figuring not much could be wrong with it.
    It was absolutely gorgeous, like brand new, not a scratch.
    After a few weeks, paint began cracking slightly along the door. Turns out it had been hit in the door and the bondo job wasnt that great. Then the clear coat began to peel on the quarter where they blended it under the soft top. I then got suspicious and did a carfax on it and it came up with 50,000 miles on it at last inspection. I let them know and demanded they take the car back.
    Needless to say, a week later they called me and said the carfax is now 'clean'
    Somehow they got it taken out of carfax's system so who know who else is in their back pocket. They have over 30 million in cars so I'm sure they get away with everything they want to.
    Personally, Gary(one of the owners) is a nice guy. I would play golf with him, but I would never buy a car from him. my .02

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i really fell off the ball with this... Sorry... i can go check out either place, now if needed...

25. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    speeder, did you ever talk to Gianni at fli?