328 spedometer failed, any hints? | FerrariChat

328 spedometer failed, any hints?

Discussion in '308/328' started by nugget, Jan 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. nugget

nugget Karting

Jan 4, 2004
    Hi there folks. It's been a long time since I have been on the chat site, unfortunately...My wife and I took our 328 out on a great ride today and the speedometer started getting weird. It would go to zero then go fully counter clockwise back to the original speed, then go to zero for 5 minutes then jump back up to the correct speed. It did that for about 10 minutes and finally died for the last hour of the drive. I assume it is a loose connection in the back or something easy, I hope. The odometer stopped on it as well, it only worked when the speedometer was. Does anyone have any hints. I assume I have to take it into the dealer, is this a major problem or easy fix. Also, the radio antenna doesn't want to go up unless you push down really hard on the switch, it goes down fine. Any easy fixes for that? Thanks, Glen

2. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I posted a reply in tech.

Good luck again.

3. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Speedo Sensor. Is a couple of bucks and relatively easy to install on a 348/355 I assume the same for the 328.